Jets 2023 General Talk

Mattmanz

5 hours ago, Mattmanz said:

Hypothetical, low probability scenario.

Drake Maye falls to pick 10 and Jets take him with Rodgers fully on board with the pick and plan for Maye to sit behind him.

Are you happy or mad?

Yes, take him and don’t play him until 2025

5 hours ago, Mattmanz said:

Hypothetical, low probability scenario.

Drake Maye falls to pick 10 and Jets take him with Rodgers fully on board with the pick and plan for Maye to sit behind him.

Are you happy or mad?

0% chance that happens.  And 0% chance that Aaron Rodgers is going to be on board with that pick.

5 hours ago, xrade said:

Can we be guaranteed he will become a good starting QB?  No, then pass. Build the infrastructure first (OL, WR’s) then worry about drafting a QB with a high pick. Just draft a day three QB and see if he can develop into something. 

This is the correct answer. Get the tackle for this season and then future. Draft some raw toolsy QB later. If he sucks, it's easy enough to cut bait and swing again.

I love this move. Reddick is a far superior player. Go for it. Yeah Huff was younger but Reddick is one of the best defenders in the game. JD has done a heck of a job. IDGAF about a 2026 day 2 pick right now. Win now with Aaron. I still think we should trade down if we can and take a combo of an OT/WR with both picks.  Great offseason. No excuses. Time for Saleh to grow a pair and actually coach this team. 

• Like 1

So I love Reddick the player and think he’ll help us…..but I don’t understand the logic of trading for a guy who they plan to extend, plays the same role as your first round pick from the year before who could have taken that role. Unless they plan on moving on from JFM and letting JJ take his role idk

• Like 1

Not a fan of this Reddick trade but I understand it. He has hit 10 or more sacks in 4 stright years. The pick is for 2026 draft so your talking 2 years from now which we all know Rodgers will play this year and next if he stays healthy. 

Not sure why we didn't keep Huff.  I honestly don't see why he couldn't get a bigger role this year, I think he earned it.  Would have been a great story, UDFA turned legit starter for us.  WE HAVE TO START RE-SIGNING OUR OWN GUYS AND SHOW SOME LOYALTY.

And if Reddick is now a starter and IV is only taking Huff's snaps, then what was the GD point in drafting him??

I don't hate Reddick the player or acquiring him.  But the way this team speaks and operates can be so stupid and contradicting.

I think JD wasn't expecting to lose Huff and made the best move he could. 

Either way, I'm happy we made this move. Still an impact player. I don't care about his age and the mid round pick we tossed. 

I'm just glad JD is doing everything he can to repair his damages and building a contending team. If we finish this off season strong, winning the AFCE doesn't sound crazy. 

Edited by rickyt31

I was a bit bummed when Clowney chose the Panthers. But Douglas made up for it with grabbing Reddick which is a even better move.

Our DL is loaded. Reddick is a guy who could end up getting 11-18 sacks next season.