Coach of the year

Steelersfan43

Mike freakin Tomlin. I can’t deny it anymore. It makes no ******* sense how they keep winning these games year after year. Dude really has just mastered winning the ******* game.

If Indy sneaks into the postseason Steichen has an argument. Before the Patriots game I heard they were the only team in the league to score 20+ in every game and that blew my mind.

On 11/16/2023 at 7:46 AM, Soggust said:

No chance, imo. 

Previous winner requires more and I don’t see him being a 2x winner for stumbling into the playoffs with that defense after starting 6-3. 

I don’t like the idea of your side of the ball sucking or being mediocre and then winning the COY because the DC and his side carrying you. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Duluther said:

What is Tomlin doing this season that KOC isn't doing (and KOC is dealing with more important injuries (Cousins, Jefferson, Darrisaw, etc))?

When I posted that I immediately thought of KOC and should've edited him in with the other names. He deserves to be in the conversation.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

I have $50 on Tomlin at +3000 

and Sirianni at +1600 for $25 

Do I have a chance?

Ordinarily, i don't believe coaches of good teams who were expected to be good teams have much of a chance because they haven't to really blow it up. 

But the Eagles have a legit shot at finishing the year with just a loss or two, and I think that will qualify. 

But we will have to see how it plays out with the over achievers. 

I think the award simply favors those types. 

• Like 2

Steichen should definitely at least be in the conversation at this point. DeMeco is the sexier pick and has done a great job no doubt - but the Colts and Texans have the same record. Stroud is an MVP candidate while the Colts have been forced to start their backup for most of the season. Most teams just roll over when they lose their starting QB. Plus, the Colts were hot garbage last year, a total laughing stock (the Texans were also very very bad, yes). Steichen has been great for Indy.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...