Quantifying Our Quarterback Quandary...

vike daddy

11 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

For the sake of discussion, does anyone think we should have made the move to trade for Trey Lance?

It was a decent option, but in the end, I am on board with the decision to not outbid Dallas. Lance will be worth looking at again when his rookie contract expires. Owing to leaving college after playing QB just one year, he'll still be reasonably young, but also fairly raw in terms of experience.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Denver is on the hook to Wilson for $39MM guaranteed next season. Wilson could play for the Vet Minimum and let Denver pick up the rest of it. 

That said, I want nothing to do with him. He’s a terrible QB and teammate, and he is even more insufferable as a human being than Aaron Rodgers. 

It is strong to call someone an insufferable human being. Can you point to anything to back up that claim?

44 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

It is strong to call someone an insufferable human being. Can you point to anything to back up that claim?

Nothing other than he is rich, has a really hot famous wife and he asked for special treatment in Seattle and probably also Denver.

I assume people do not like how bratty he acts and how he wants teams to pamper to him.....

I would not call him more insufferable than A....aron, that guy wanted the entire football world to stop because he was upset in Green Bay and that freaking happened basically for two straight years....finally he got hurt this year so people could shut up about him for a bit but even then he is talked about a ton and wants to be on TV and heard constantly...

Maybe Denver has got to the point of being like ok why chase the playoffs and try to sneak in just so they can lose in the 1st round.  Vikings might need to take notes on that, winning is great but honestly for what neither team is ready to compete at a high level just yet, at least the Vikings have major major injury reasons as to why they are not playing great, Broncos do not.....

• Like 1

Jaren Hall: “There’s lots of different reasons why turnovers happen, fumbles, interceptions, whatever it is. Everyone who has played the game has succumbed to that at one point or another, and you just focus on it all week and try to be better at it."

"I think everything is still a work in progress. I’m still in my first season. I can’t say I’ve got a great handle on anything yet because I’ve got to go play a game and see what happens, but I’m always confident in what I’m able to do and the coaching, they’ve developed me at this point. I understand the offense more, learning behind Kirk and Nick, and Josh when he joined us. It’s been great, so I think I’ve gotten better in every area since I first got here, but there’s obviously a lot to still prove.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/jaren-hall-i-think-ive-gotten-better-in-every-area-but-have-a-lot-to-prove

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

No one was talking about Flacco 5 weeks ago. This constant hindsight reaction to the QB decision is getting ridiculous. 

And frankly, it’s just lazy reporting by Wolfson looking to generate a reaction. Of course Flacco had interest in the Vikings. He was unemployed. 

A few people did suggest it at the time, and plenty of people questioned the Dobbs trade.... And, yes, agreed. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

A few people did suggest it at the time, and plenty of people questioned the Dobbs trade.... And, yes, agreed. 

At the time of the trade, KOC had indicated that Dobbs having already played significant time this season was a big factor in the reason for trading for him.  No one could have known where Flacco was at since he was sitting at home. 

7 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Who knows how it would have turned out. Oh well.

Of course the Vikings probably leaned toward Dobbs because he actually played during the season already.

But fact is Joe Flacco is playing pretty damn well, sure is turning it over also but is also throwing a ton of TDs for such a short time span.  13 TDs in 5 games.... Browns are poised to make a playoff run and are playing pretty solid football honestly, Flacco is playing great considering.

Would have been interesting what Flacco would have done for Minnesota, but fact is pretty hard to not be better than what Dobbs and Mullens were like for Minnesota so possibly they made a mistake in going for Dobbs over Flacco.  

Dobbs and Mullens:  9 TDs and 11 INTs, 4 fumbles 1 lost with 1692 yards passing with 3-4 record in 7 games 

Flacco: 13 TDs and 8 INTs with 1616 yards with 4-1 record in 5 games

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Of course the Vikings probably leaned toward Dobbs because he actually played during the season already.

But fact is Joe Flacco is playing pretty damn well, sure is turning it over also but is also throwing a ton of TDs for such a short time span.  13 TDs in 5 games.... Browns are poised to make a playoff run and are playing pretty solid football honestly, Flacco is playing great considering.

Would have been interesting what Flacco would have done for Minnesota, but fact is pretty hard to not be better than what Dobbs and Mullens were like for Minnesota so possibly they made a mistake in going for Dobbs over Flacco.  

Dobbs and Mullens:  9 TDs and 11 INTs, 4 fumbles 1 lost with 1692 yards passing with 3-4 record in 7 games 

Flacco: 13 TDs and 8 INTs with 1616 yards with 4-1 record in 5 games

Kwesi dragging his feet. Remember all the praise he got early on for the Dobbs trade? What might have been with Flacco but certainly no one expected it. If Cleveland makes the playoffs and we don’t, this will certainly be something to look back on. Let’s just go win out and get in with Hall.

3 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Kwesi dragging his feet. Remember all the praise he got early on for the Dobbs trade? What might have been with Flacco but certainly no one expected it. If Cleveland makes the playoffs and we don’t, this will certainly be something to look back on. Let’s just go win out and get in with Hall.

Cleveland already clinched a spot in the playoffs. They are still in play for the #1 seed too.

10 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Dragging his feet on what? Why is Kwesi getting heat for this? It's ridiculous. I'm sure KOC had input on the decision too. And let's not pretend that everyone knew Flacco was going to do what he's done. If he had come in here, blown two games, and then it would have come out that they chose him over Dobbs, Kwesi would be getting crucified for that too.

Hindsight is a hell of a drug.

• Like 4