Packers 2024 Opponents

Brat&Beer

On 2/24/2024 at 5:04 PM, Old Guy said:

Miami is going to take a big step backwards next year. Look at their cap situation, shortage of draft capital and free agents they won't be able to re-sign and it's going to be a much worse team in 2024. 

Chalk that one up in the W column. 

......and the one really good O lineman the 49ers have, Trent Williams, is 36 in July, with very little behind him. All in all, i think the 49ers are on a downward curve. With Brock Purdy disliking pressure, they could slip below the Packers as a team.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

18 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

......and the one really good O lineman the 49ers have, Trent Williams, is 36 in July, with very little behind him. All in all, i think the 49ers are on a downward curve. With 

Brock Purdy disliking pressure, they could slip below the Packers as a team.

I just think the Packers are going to pass them, regardless. 

On 2/24/2024 at 11:48 AM, OneTwoSixFive said:

......and the one really good O lineman the 49ers have, Trent Williams, is 36 in July, with very little behind him. All in all, i think the 49ers are on a downward curve. With Brock Purdy disliking pressure, they could slip below the Packers as a team.

Not to mention the dreaded SB hangover.

Remember, as disgusted as we are by GB's perennial playoff failures, all SF has to show for drumming GB out of the playoffs 4x in this century are a couple runner-up trophies

the Niners are bringing back virtually the same roster this season, because of Purdy's rookie contract. it's 2025 when they'll have to prune some of their good players and Purdy will have to be paid. they are still the best NFC team and the best overall roster in football going into 2024

6 hours ago, persiandud said:

the Niners are bringing back virtually the same roster this season, because of Purdy's rookie contract. it's 2025 when they'll have to prune some of their good players and Purdy will have to be paid. they are still the best NFC team and the best overall roster in football going into 2024

Yah maybe .. health is a major factor that can't be for seen.  That being said, GB and Detroit both had SF on the ropes in the playoffs and the 49ers got a bounce or a call go their way.  Both teams after the draft and free agency could very well be in the same "area" of being as good as them.  This year was and next year is their Super Bowl window.  They didn't get it done this year .. next year to be determined.

14 minutes ago, Tperk said:

Looks like we will have 9 home games this season, and the Gold Package ticket holders will be getting the extra home games tickets. 

Interesting.  

Thought giving those on the season ticket waiting list a chance for a ticket.  

Could have been an opportunity to open the game experience to more fans

On 2/27/2024 at 10:47 PM, persiandud said:

They might lose Ayuik,  he’s gonna want 4/85m

On 2/24/2024 at 1:06 PM, Old Guy said:

I just think the Packers are going to pass them, regardless. 

This scenario with the 9'ers reminds we a lot of what the 90's teams went through with Dallas. We are about to knock off the 9'ers and it will be the monkey off the back we need to return to the Super Bowl. If not this next season, 25 is the year. Granted the 9'ers have ate our lunch many times, but this time it all feels different. 

On 3/4/2024 at 9:54 PM, fattlipp said:

They might lose Ayuik,  he’s gonna want 4/85m

Greenlaw torn Achilles the bigger loss IMO. 

Green Bay has more young guys and a better chance to improve in the offseason via the draft as well.

On 3/7/2024 at 11:38 PM, persiandud said:

guys let's wait and see lol this is silly to put us ahead of a team that always kicks our ***. they're not going anywhere, unfortunately

A little, but we were neck in neck with them in that playoff game and had way less playoff experience overall than they did.  We may not have surpassed them yet on paper, but we might be closer to overtaking them than they think.

Meanwhile, man oh man the division is definitely a lone race between us and Detroit now and Minny might be worse than Chicago now that Kirk Cousins is out of the building.  I mean, no telling who they might draft at QB, but so far between Culpepper, Tavaris Jackson, Christian Ponder, Joe Webb and Teddy Bridgewater that hasn't worked out too well for them lately.

3 hours ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

A little, but we were neck in neck with them in that playoff game and had way less playoff experience overall than they did.  We may not have surpassed them yet on paper, but we might be closer to overtaking them than they think.

Meanwhile, man oh man the division is definitely a lone race between us and Detroit now and Minny might be worse than Chicago now that Kirk Cousins is out of the building.  I mean, no telling who they might draft at QB, but so far between Culpepper, Tavaris Jackson, Christian Ponder, Joe Webb and Teddy Bridgewater that hasn't worked out too well for them lately.

i hear you man i'm just not counting my chickens yet , especially with this opponent. they've beat us ....5 straight times in the playoffs? until we get over that hump i'm not putting us in that category with them. they deserve respect as the best team in the NFC 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2024 at 2:32 AM, persiandud said:

i hear you man i'm just not counting my chickens yet , especially with this opponent. they've beat us ....5 straight times in the playoffs? until we get over that hump i'm not putting us in that category with them. they deserve respect as the best team in the NFC 

Yeah never count any chickens before they hatch against either SF or TB.  But in SF's case, I just can't help feeling their Superbowl window may be closing pretty soon, if it hasn't already.

Plus yeah, 5 in a row is no joke, but streaks like that only last for so long before they end.  In most of our past meetings lately, except for 1 I always felt like we were coming in below the needed talent level to take them out.  I feel like we might just about have it now.

Edited by LLcheesehead12