2024 Off Season Thread

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Parker was a big loss - I’m more neutral on Dixon.   Hard to know because our complete lack of DL talent though.  

Wonder if all these guys are making lateral moves because they know we're stuck in purgatory for the next several seasons. It also speaks (very negatively) to the "culture" created by Sean/George/The Walmarts. Bad time to be a Broncos fan, guys. 

Also, looks like DLine coach Marcus Dixon heading to the Vikings. Can’t say the dline was a superlative for this team but there really wasn’t a ton of talent there either, partly another reason for this exit IMO

3 minutes ago, grizmo78 said:

Wow... absolutely huge hire. Jim Leonhard is going to be our DB coach. This definitely softens the blow of losing Parker. 

Who is that? I literally know nothing about him. Probably showing how short of a time I've followed nfl haha

10 minutes ago, Dbrog24 said:

Who is that? I literally know nothing about him. Probably showing how short of a time I've followed nfl haha

Long time safety in the NFL. Played a couple years for the broncos. Coached at Wisconsin, took over as interim HC and probably should have been given the gig full time. Was never a physical specimen but succeeded due to technique and film study. Will be a HC someday (either nfl or college) 

• Like 1

On 2/9/2024 at 2:40 PM, AnAngryAmerican said:

Wonder if all these guys are making lateral moves because they know we're stuck in purgatory for the next several seasons. It also speaks (very negatively) to the "culture" created by Sean/George/The Walmarts. Bad time to be a Broncos fan, guys. 

Parker's move isn't lateral. I don't think it's worth reading into much. We couldn't promote these guys, other teams would. That's the nature of the NFL or any business. Jim Leonhard is a stellar hire. I think it'll be fine.

• Like 2

I don’t believe the reports were solid but the JimmyG suspension should hopefully remove him from any future speculation.    Terrible fit no way he should even be in the top 5 list of stopgaps (again even if we drafted a qb unless it’s a top 2 pick we’d still need a stopgap vet).  

Edited by Broncofan

4 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

So, with the WR depth in this years draft, what do we think is a reasonable trade value for Jerry Jeudy, a late 3rd and 2025 5th ? a 2024 4th and 2025 5th that could increase to a 4th ? 

I think we should trade Sutton over jeudy Sutton had a very good year last year which isn't easy to duplicate 50/50 balls. 

Jeudy had an awful year I'd like to see him with the right qb before I ship him away.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Every time I hear Payton talk about Jeudy, I can’t imagine a scenario where he’s traded. Get a QB who can convert timing routes in the middle of the field and watch Jerry COOK. 

I agree with this. I’ve never hidden my disdain for jeudys unwillingness to fight (for the ball, on the block, ect) but his value as a potential with a timing QB in our system is much higher than Any return he would fetch us.

• Like 2