2024 Off Season Thread

25 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

If we don't trade up (which again, seems more likely given that I'm not even sure CHI/WAS are interested, and the price involved with multiple competitors), I would have no problem diving into R3 with the Pratt-level tier.

I have been thinking about that. Draft an O-lineman in Round 1 with Pratt in Round 3. 

On 2/1/2024 at 4:11 AM, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Zuk! Hope things have been going well!

To answer your question, not surprised but very disappointed.

Sup UK! Things are going! (studying for LSAT at 34...shoot me)

Anyway - I know there isn't precedent for a QB move up in SP's history but obviously our context and situation is much different. Where there is smoke there is fire and obviously the media will run wild with this sort of thing and the new ownership/management have kept things somewhat close to the chest but I have a sneaking suspicion that we will be moving up for a top-3 QB. I genuinely hope that I am wrong but I just have a hunch here.. Just praying it ends up being Maye and not Williams or Daniels. 

• Like 6

Seems like we get to keep Christian Parker.   NGL I hope we promote him to DC in next season or 2 so we don’t lose him.   Vance Joseph found success in 2H but Parker ceiling as a DC and future HC candidate is like no one else on our coaching staff.  

• Like 2

On 2/2/2024 at 10:14 PM, Broncofan said:

Seems like we get to keep Christian Parker.   NGL I hope we promote him to DC in next season or 2 so we don’t lose him.   Vance Joseph found success in 2H but Parker ceiling as a DC and future HC candidate is like no one else on our coaching staff.  

Best case scenario is Vance absolutely crushes it defensively this year (lol) and gets a HC job, we get a pick, promote Parker to DC, start fresh.

A guy can dream.

• Like 4

Just now, broncos67 said:

Best case scenario is Vance absolutely crushes it defensively this year (lol) and gets a HC job, we get a pick, promote Parker to DC, start fresh.

A guy can dream.

With Vrabel & Johnson & Slowik available next year to be hired VJ would need a heck of a year to get into the top 5.   But we did play at a top 10 DVOA level the last 10+ games.  

And for his flaws VJ must really interview well to have gotten where he has with his record.    I’d put it at less than 25 percent or less but there is a path.  

23 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

With Vrabel & Johnson & Slowik available next year to be hired VJ would need a heck of a year to get into the top 5.   But we did play at a top 10 DVOA level the last 10+ games.  

And for his flaws VJ must really interview well to have gotten where he has with his record.    I’d put it at less than 25 percent or less but there is a path.  

Yeah I'm not counting on it lol. It's more likely he's fired.

5 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Dammit looks like we lost Parker.  

That's odd right? That makes it look like a lateral move similar to Evero leaving. If that's true, it does make me somewhat question Payton. 

16 hours ago, Dbrog24 said:

That's odd right? That makes it look like a lateral move similar to Evero leaving. If that's true, it does make me somewhat question Payton. 

Yeah I was puzzled too - but  the move makes a ton of sense with this news he’s going to the O side.   Chance to expand on his coaching skills can’t blame him at all and it also absolves Sean Payton.  

What hurts imo is that in 2-3 years time given his resume with any success in PHI Parker he’ll get promoted to OC then net them 2 comp picks when someone else hires him as HC.  Sigh.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Yeah I was puzzled too - but  the move makes a ton of sense with this news he’s going to the O side.   Chance to expand on his coaching skills can’t blame him at all and it also absolves Sean Payton.  

What hurts imo is that in 2-3 years time given his resume with any success in PHI Parker he’ll get promoted to OC then net them 2 comp picks when someone else hires him as HC.  Sigh.  

Incredible, but it's probably a promotion in some form or fashion, and he is blocked here and has been for some time. Only so long you can expect to keep guys in this league without promoting them.

Also, I do not believe his new role in PHL is an offensive role. Dallas does something similar where they have a passing game coordinator on defense.

31 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Incredible, but it's probably a promotion in some form or fashion, and he is blocked here and has been for some time. Only so long you can expect to keep guys in this league without promoting them.

Also, I do not believe his new role in PHL is an offensive role. Dallas does something similar where they have a passing game coordinator on defense.

Right that’s a new title but would make sense that it’s a promotion to D side.  NGL I would have privately told Parker he was a promotion candidate and matched position but given Fangio age and prior relationship it’s a clearer path than with VJ.  Sigh.   

Edited by Broncofan