2024 Off Season Thread

43 minutes ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

If Rudolph is that bad, how bad is Kenny Pickett? 

Well he got one half of play without Matt Canada as OC.   So who knows. But it’s probably fair to say Pickett ceiling isn’t likely that high.   Another example of not reaching for late bloomer college QB in R1.   

24 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Well he got one half of play without Matt Canada as OC.   So who knows. But it’s probably fair to say Pickett ceiling isn’t likely that high.   Another example of not reaching for late bloomer college QB in R1.   

Thoughts on the younger Tagovailoa?   Possibilty as a late round dart throw?   @broncos67 might know more too

20 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

Thoughts on the younger Tagovailoa?   Possibilty as a late round dart throw?   @broncos67 might know more too

He's a lesser version of his brother.   Don't think he's a fit for us; what makes Penix pretty awesome is that his recognition and placement are terrific.  Younger Tago isn't on the same level IMO.  

Penix without health concerns would have been amazing.    Tago has no health issues, but he's not on that processing, recognition or ball placement / anticipation level...sadly. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

He's a lesser version of his brother.   Don't think he's a fit for us; what makes Penix pretty awesome is that his recognition and placement are terrific.  Younger Tago isn't on the same level IMO.  

Penix without health concerns would have been amazing.    Tago has no health issues, but he's not on that processing, recognition or ball placement / anticipation level...sadly. 

You know anything about The guy from south carolina and Phil Jurcevic I think I butchered his name but him and Spencer rattler where getting praise years back. I know they both declined since but we have a coach that can get most out of qbs.

15 hours ago, broncofan48 said:

As a late round dart throw, sure, but I don't love Taulia's pro prospects. He's got decent mobility but he makes some baffling decisions sometimes. He can throw a pretty nice deep ball though, and was asked to do it often. He throws a lot of interceptions and his accuracy is spotty. When he gets in a rhythm he's quite good, but he gets rattled by pressure (real and imagined) a bit too much.

15 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

You know anything about The guy from south carolina and Phil Jurcevic I think I butchered his name but him and Spencer rattler where getting praise years back. I know they both declined since but we have a coach that can get most out of qbs.

Jurkovec will be a UDFA. Again, maybe worth a dart throw but he's got spotty accuracy and below average arm strength. I don't see him as much of a contributor in the league.

• Like 3

Just now, twotonebluenation said:

Ok. Good to know. Just trying to compel some off season stuff. Do you feel he can continue to grow?

I mean, I feel as though the ability was always there to be a pro bowler since he's been drafted. He's quick, has the size and strength. Can pull. Just makes too many mental mistakes 

• Like 1

Why is Mike Evans on the radio now infatuated with Mac Jones? Seems like such a strange fit here other than him very much being a pocket QB. I hate the move tbh if it's for a mid-round pick as he's suggesting. I'm ok running this year with the Winston's and/or Darnold's of the world even though they will just be more stopgaps. I really don't see us picking a QB at 12. It just isn't a Payton or Paton move TBH. Definitely feels like another CB incoming or MAYBE a Tackle if we get rid of Bolles. 

On 1/11/2024 at 3:49 PM, jolly red giant said:

BB won't take a year off - he wouldn't know what to do with himself with no one to order around.

And if BB decided to go into broadcasting, wouldn't he need to develop, oh what do they call that....a PERSONALITY ??

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

And if BB decided to go into broadcasting, wouldn't he need to develop, oh what do they call that....a PERSONALITY ??

I'm not going to pretend he is the most charismatic guy in the world, but when BB talks football he is extraordinarily knowledgeable. His blandness in his press conferences is an act. I bet if you had him on a studio show, I wouldn't put him in the booth, but on a studio show, especially one more dialed down on a network like CBS, he could bring a lot to the table.