Pete Carroll is expected to step down as Seahawks HC

NYRaider

Carroll was awesome for a while but it was honestly (past)time for him to step down. He couldn't field a defense worth a damn. 
I'm expecting Quinn to replace Carroll but honestly I hope the Seahawks try to land Ben Johnson. He would do so well with this offense. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fluhartz said:

Maybe they can replace him with Harbaugh. Similar circumstances as Pete.

True. Especially the timing.

Carroll skipped out of USC just as the sanctions were about to come down. Harbaugh may do an instant replay.

• Like 4

I love that Carroll is staying within the org. That alone screams Dan Quinn to me especially since he's expressed interest in coming back. Anything to get the talent on defense playing at it's actual level would be huge.

But Dan Quinn as a HC by itself is meh. We've seen that before and it's not great. Would much rather Seattle go all in on Ben Johnson, Mike Macdonald, or Bobby Slowik, but we'll see.

Seattle instantly vaults to #2 for me in desirable palces behind ATL

7 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

True. Especially the timing.

Carroll skipped out of USC just as the sanctions were about to come down. Harbaugh may do an instant replay.

I'd be surprised if Harbaugh was seriously considered, let alone hired. Lots of bad blood between he, the city, & Pete (who is now presumptively taking a FO role) from his time with San Fran. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I love that Carroll is staying within the org. That alone screams Dan Quinn to me especially since he's expressed interest in coming back. Anything to get the talent on defense playing at it's actual level would be huge.

But Dan Quinn as a HC by itself is meh. We've seen that before and it's not great. Would much rather Seattle go all in on Ben Johnson, Mike Macdonald, or Bobby Slowik, but we'll see.

Seattle instantly vaults to #2 for me in desirable palces behind ATL

Chargers are better 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Chargers are better 

I think they're comparable, but the Chargers have to cut a lot of key players to create cap space, then have to draft well to replace those guys and are still in the AFCW where there are no bad teams.

NFCW has the Cardinals and the Rams are a wildcard team whose window could be closing in the next couple of years depending on what happens.

Seattle has stable ownership, a talented yet underperforming roster (especially on defense), a QB, and cap space in 2024-2025. They're right up there.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Apparently he'll remain with the org. but likely front office somewhere.

Not sure how that would make me feel as the next coach.

Depends on who the next HC is.  If it's one of Pete's regular band of assistants that he's been cultivating since the the early 2000's, probably not so bad.  There are also several guys (including on, relatively, hot name in the coaching hiring circle - Quinn) who has previously worked under Pete... in Seattle, so there are some obvious possible transitions with low-friction.  There's also Waldron.

Just a short list off the top of my head of guys who could possibly be in the mix (and I realize some of them have next-to-or-no prior HC or upper-assistant experience, but with Carroll still being there I don't see this as as much of an issue - it's something we've seen in the past with other organizations to varying success): Dan Quinn, Shane Waldron, Clint Hurtt, Kris Richard, Ken Norton Jr., Marquand Manuel (likely not a HC candidate, but I could see him getting consideration for a coordinator spot).

1 minute ago, Dr LBC said:

Depends on who the next HC is.  If it's one of Pete's regular band of assistants that he's been cultivating since the the early 2000's, probably not so bad.  There are also several guys (including on, relatively, hot name in the coaching hiring circle - Quinn) who has previously worked under Pete... in Seattle, so there are some obvious possible transitions with low-friction.  There's also Waldron.

Just a short list off the top of my head of guys who could possibly be in the mix (and I realize some of them have next-to-or-no prior HC or upper-assistant experience, but with Carroll still being there I don't see this as as much of an issue - it's something we've seen in the past with other organizations to varying success): Dan Quinn, Shane Waldron, Clint Hurtt, Kris Richard, Ken Norton Jr., Marquand Manuel (likely not a HC candidate, but I could see him getting consideration for a coordinator spot).

Clint Hurtt should be fired into the goddamn ranch dimension, not made Head Coach. That guy is an AWFUL coordinator.