Patriots parting ways with Bill Belichick

NYRaider

Gonna get 89 replies calling me dumb, and that’s fine, not here to win a popularity contest. 

Bill was a great defensive mind and had a great defense. However, Spygate was wayyyy wayyyy bigger than anyone thought it was, released in a big article by ESPN years later detailing everything. They knew exactly every play being ran during a game. Those 2001-2004 Super Bowls are VERY tainted. 

And from 2007 onwards, it was the Tom Brady show, who is the GOAT. Once Brady left, Bill was nothing. 

• Like 2

People saying he wasn’t a good coach are totally deluded 😂. No coach can win if their players aren’t good enough. He had Brady, yes, he also had a lot of players who barely anyone had heard of. Other coaches have had great QBs for many years and not won anywhere near as much superbowls as he has. For me he’s the best coach I’ve ever seen. Times may have changed and maybe he hasn’t adapted or not had the players to help him adapt but I’d take his six Superbowls and 17 division titles any day if I was a fan and be eternally grateful for it. Hell, I’d even take one Superbowl and be forever grateful. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

There is rumored to be a team 'very much' in on Belichick that has not fired their head coach. I don't think it is the Giants, in fact I'm sure it isn't, but there are a lot of teams in the running for his services, including at least one darkhorse.

Raiders, Saints, Eagles are my top 3 guesses. 

All fit the bill, pun intended. AP hasn’t been officially let go yet and Dennis Allen sucks. 

I have the Eagles as a darkhorse. Has Sirianni's schtik worn thin? Maybe they think the offense can run more on autopilot through an OC while Bill fixes a defense that was a letdown? 

Usually, I'd balk at any playoff teams, but if the rumors a team that hasn't parted ways with a HC yet are true, it leaves a few peculiarities on the table. 

Buffalo, Miami, KC, Houston are off the table. Probably Pittsburgh too, they value longevity too much. Cleveland...lol no. Can't imagine Cincy. Jacksonville, probably not. Denver is a no-go. Saleh is apparently safe. 

LA and Tennessee already fired their guys. 

Leaves Indianapolis, and I couldn't see that, and Las Vegas. 

NFC everyone is locked in or already gone save for Allen, Sirianni, and McCarthy. 

Allen is a possible one. I can't see McCarthy being SB or bust right now. But Sirianni....with the letdown and dysfunction that seem to be biting the Eagles right now, I can see them parting ways if they flop in the playoffs. 

That press conference is what it’s supposed to look like 

Mutual respect and love, but time to just move forward. 

its just crazy all this happening at the same time. 

he needs to go to LA idk who he’ll get at OC keeping Kellen wouldn’t be the worst thing. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, brownie man said:

That press conference is what it’s supposed to look like 

Mutual respect and love, but time to just move forward. 

its just crazy all this happening at the same time. 

he needs to go to LA idk who he’ll get at OC keeping Kellen wouldn’t be the worst thing. 

I agree with this. You very rarely see these things done with class these days, it’s usually all over social media instead. 

• Like 1

Not shocking or even a big surprise. Nice for them to work out its mutual departure. I believe Bill would have stayed if he could. No getting around he's a great coach. Having the goat play at QB didn't hurt but again got to give Bill credit. 

Belichick not only drafted Brady and kept him on the roster when the team already had a couple QBs, he kept him as the starter when Drew Bledsoe was ready to return from injury in 2001. That was not an easy decision at the time and took a lot of guts.

Tom did what he did superbly but so did Bill. All he needs is a great QB hear that Chargers?

4 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Gonna get 89 replies calling me dumb, and that’s fine, not here to win a popularity contest. 

Bill was a great defensive mind and had a great defense. However, Spygate was wayyyy wayyyy bigger than anyone thought it was, released in a big article by ESPN years later detailing everything. They knew exactly every play being ran during a game. Those 2001-2004 Super Bowls are VERY tainted. 

And from 2007 onwards, it was the Tom Brady show, who is the GOAT. Once Brady left, Bill was nothing. 

Absolutely this.

Mark Davis must be drooling at having Bill and Harbs as two big names out there he can pay long after he fires them... lol Normally I say 'no more Patriot Way' but the big cheese hoodie I'll make an exception for and expect a great defense. 

11 hours ago, kramxel said:

Worse than his age, is his record with personnel control. 

And even if he is willing to give it up, you still have to deal with his B-role of assistants. 

His b role of assistants that always look great next to him? There's a reason that NE coaches were always atop head coaching searches 

Might not be the popular opinion in and around Foxborough, but I think the whole coaching staff needs to be turned over. There are obviously guys on staff who are capable coaches, but there was a real philosophical stagnation around Belichick that I think needs to be uprooted for the team to thrive moving forward. Belichick's desire to surround himself only with people he liked and trusted from years past was a big reason why the offense fell apart after Brady left, so I think, at a minimum, the offensive side of the ball needs to be led by someone who wasn't a "Belichick guy."

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Falcons. Calling my shot.

So much buzz in Atlanta that BB is our #1 guy and Blank is gonna go super hard to make it happen.   Sorta terrified this might happen as im not sure BB can  turn us back into winners anymore at this stage of his career.  If it happens so be it i hope for the best but im gonna say he wouldn't be in my top 3 choices right now.