The FFMD Draft Only March Madness 2024 *DISCUSSION* Thread

MikeT14

I am happy to know that the three players the Texans would have targeted at 1-23 are gone (Mitchell, Thomas, & DeJean).

Was thinking of trading up 10 - 12 for Mitchell and he went at 13 so I had his value pegged about right.

19 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I would have taken Penix over Nix

full

7 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

I am happy to know that the three players the Texans would have targeted at 1-23 are gone (Mitchell, Thomas, & DeJean).

Titans had a deal ready with the Vikings if Alt was gone at 7 and McCarthy wasn't, and if we had done the trade, we would have secured both our targets (Fautanu and a guy who's still on the board).  Sad stuff.

But Alt was plan A anyway.

• Like 1

It's hilarious that MN traded up and didn't get JJ.

Also interesting that a handful of teams are by all indications left competing for the 4th QB in the draft.  

I got tired of arguing with Bears fans saying if Justin doesn't work out we can just trade up and draft a QB next year.

You can trade up and draft maybe 4th QB.   You get to pick your guy this year.  And that guy looks good.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Well, if this is how it worked out IRL, I don't know what else the Vikings would be able to do.  Other than maybe trade down and take Nix a little later.  But here, everyone wants to trade down and get more picks, and IRL, I don't know that you could trade down and safely still secure Nix.  Nix is a legit late first round QB in my book.  If he was a year younger, it wouldn't even be a question imo.

I agree with you but also think we're a little in the minority on that. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I would have taken Penix over Nix

I debated it for a while, but at the end I do just like Nix more than Penix. But I think either option was viable for how it unfolded.