Fields to Pittsburgh

BroncoSojia

Pretty underwhelming return

How do guys like Lance, Rosen and Darnold go for way more yet all of those guys showed way less than Fields has ?

I get that Fields has his flaws but I mean this is just highway robbery from the Steelers

Bears didn't really have much choice here given they are all but guaranteed to take CW #1 but I would have probably held onto to Fields a bit longer and wait for a team to get desperate 

8 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

The league really does not like Fields.

I think the league understood perfectly that the problem with Fields is basically the same problem that Marcus Mariota had- he doesn't see it fast enough for a guy who will not throw it if he doesn't see it.

The thing is, with an organization like Pittsburgh I think that can work.  They clearly haven't needed much from their quarterback to put together winning seasons the last few and Fields is better than PIckett.

• Like 3

The Bears easily have one of the worst GMs in the league.  This trade is embarrassing for the Bears.  Justin Fields is still good…. It was just the pieces around him in Chicago that held him back.

• Like 1

Kenny Pickett went for more than Fields ...pretty crazy stuff 

Omar Khan fleeced Ryan Poles here...and this isn't the first time. He also did it with the Chase Claypool trade 

• Like 5

With this return, I don't see how the Bears come out ahead versus stashing him. They have to go back in the QB market for Williams' backup again right? In a market where Sam Darnold gets $10MM, isn't having a positive locker room guy/gadget player worth a 6th round pick?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

With this return, I don't see how the Bears come out ahead versus stashing him. They have to go back in the QB market for Williams' backup again right? In a market where Sam Darnold gets $10MM, isn't having a positive locker room guy/gadget player worth a 6th round pick?

He’s not going to be a positive locker room guy after getting benched 

• Like 3

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The Bears have cap space and Bagent isn't a bad back up. I don't think there's any scenario where having Fields and Williams in the same locker room would be a positive. It would be an instant QB controversy. 

• Like 1

If the plan was to trade fields they should have canned Eberflus at the end of the season

here's the Bears timeline:

1. Draft Caleb Williams at 1

2. Can Eberflus at the end of the 2025 season after another disappointing year

3. New HC isn't compatible with C. Williams and the Bears begin their search for their QBOTF again

• Like 6