2024 Day 2 NFL Draft Thread (No Spoilers)

CWood21

18 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

just read up on T'Vondre Sweat.

Planet theory guy. If you trust your DL staff to get the best of him, he's an intriguing pick as well.

Nah. Let's keep the fat drunks in the stands and behind their keyboards. 

19 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

just read up on T'Vondre Sweat.

Planet theory guy. If you trust your DL staff to get the best of him, he's an intriguing pick as well.

Greg Cosell liked him more than Jordan Davis who went to Philly

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

How about koolaid and kris jenkins

I like the Packer bloodlines with Jenkins.  It sounds like he is stout against the run which has been an issue for us for a while.

Edited by DenverPackFan

My unlikely trade for round 2. We watch as the Bills get their much needed WR at 33 and then the Packers trade up with the Pats, moving them (the Packers) up to pick 34.

They give up 41, 91, 126, for NE's 34 and 101 (slightly in NEs favour on the JJ chart).

With that early pick in round 2, the Packers select Cooper DeJean, getting the fan-favourite pick, after all........and @MacReady ends up happy.

It could happen, it was a trade up that got them WR Watson not so long ago.

They (the Packers) would still have picks in round 2 (34, 58), 3 (88) and 4 (101).

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

I've seen a few 2nd round mocks today.   Kool Aid, DeJean, Newton, and Edgerrin Cooper are gone in most of them.  The consensus seems to be Junior Colston at 41.  We'll see.

1 minute ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

My unlikely trade for round 2. The Packers watch the Bills get their much needed WR and then they trade up with the Pats, moving them up to pick 34.

They give up 41, 91, 126, for NE's 34 and 101 (slightly in NEs favour on the JJ chart).

With that early pick in round 2, the Packers select Cooper DeJean, getting the fan-favourite pick, after all........

It could happen, it was a trade up that got them WR Watson not so long ago.

I could live with that. I don’t want to lose more than a 4th round pick for trading up. Getting back 101 is close enough. Too many names I like out there. Would be fine standing pat and taking Melton and losing out on DeJean 

Patriots - 34th and 68th

for 

Packers - 41st and 58th 

Often did this trade when mocking to get back up to get an OT after taking DeJean in the 1st. Maybe I just had the OT and DeJean switched around.  

For those thinking DL.

We have two spots. Wyatt and Clark are sitting in them. Slaton has a year left under contract of his best work yet as a reserve. I’m not taking a snap away from Karl Brooks. Colby Wooden is getting a try somewhere on the DL. What’s the snap count going to be on a rookie DL for us?

This is my favorite day. The heart of our team is likely to be chosen today. Rounds 2 and 3 almost seemed like the best bang for your buck rounds of the this draft - 2024. There are a lot of players I'm hoping we snag and only a few I hope we avoid.

CB

Cooper DeJean - DB - Iowa

Kool-Aid McKinstry - DB - Alabama

Jarrian Jones - FSU - 2nd round

Renardo Green - FSU - 3rd round

Andru Phillips - Kentucky - 3rd round

SAFETY

Javon Bullard - Georgia - 2nd round

Jaden Hicks - Washington State - 2nd round

Dadrion Taylor - Texas Tech - 3rd round

Sione Vaki - Utah - 3rd round

Malik Mustapha -Wake Forest - 3rd round