2024 Day 2 NFL Draft Thread (No Spoilers)

CWood21

1 minute ago, badgers0821 said:

I can’t see Tampa or Rakestraw as serious options due to their low athletic profile and RAS scores. It’s just not the Packer way.

We don't know their RAS scores, only ran at Pro Day. Packers will go off their hand times, have had drastically different numbers for guys vs the consensus, most recently Jayden Reed. Tape for both is good enough to consider at 41. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We don't know their RAS scores, only ran at Pro Day. Packers will go off their hand times, have had drastically different numbers for guys vs the consensus, most recently Jayden Reed. Tape for both is good enough to consider at 41. 

Both had sub 7 RAS scores.

Personally I’m hopping they move up a few spots and grab one of the following:

1. E. Cooper

2. J. Newton (pending medical)

3. K. McKinstry

4. C. DeJean

This would be crazy to me but I’d still be interested in 

5. K. Suamataia

Spoiler
Spoiler

Edited by badgers0821

3 minutes ago, badgers0821 said:

Personally I’m hopping they move up a few spots and grab one of the following:

1. E. Cooper

2. J. Newton (pending medical)

3. K. McKinstry

4. C. DeJean

This would be crazy to me but I’d still be interested in 

5. K. Suamataia

Hide contents
  Hide contents

If there's 5 guys you want and there are 8 picks in the second round before you pick, why on earth would you trade up?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If there's 5 guys you want and there are 8 picks in the second round before you pick, why on earth would you trade up?

In general, I agree but if you feel one is a clear cut above everyone else at his position group I could see the move up. We’ll see how they feel about the  safeties and ILBs available today.

Concerns about Rakestraw should really only be about his size.  His testing was slower than he actually plays, because he was coming off of surgery.  If you watch him play, he has everything you want.  But, he is also 5'11 at the combine and 183 pounds.  That is an inch taller than Jaire, but also 13 pounds lighter.  According to Wikipedia numbers, Rakestraw is the same size as Shemar Jean-Charles.  In my mind, Rakestraw is too light to hold up at CB for the Packers.  I am guessing that someone else will overlook his stature before the Packers are comfortable doing so.  

• Like 1

The luxury pick I really want is a day 2 RB. It’s the one position where another playmaker really fits in for Jordan Love and then we wouldn’t have to run Jacob’s into the ground. Dillon is a #3 anyway. 

13 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I’m no mathematician but there’s a possibility all 5 of them get taken before pick 41 no?

Maybe if they all played the same position the likelihood would be less but why take a chance when it wouldn’t cost you much to move up 4-5 spots to ensure you get one?