2024 Day 2 NFL Draft Thread (No Spoilers)

CWood21

8 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

who's excited to have Will Shipley join the team late tonight?

Not my first choice of RB, but a more than satisfactory one.  He has a skill set that we don't currently have on the roster.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

JPJ makes a TON of sense for us (if we like the player) at 41.

Myers is a FA after this year, staying cheap at center for another 3 years after that is attractive.

Even if we pay for Myers it will be cheap. Centres are cheap, top guys are $14m AAV, Myers will be like $5m. Longer he played better he'll get and rapport he'll build. I would want to re-sign

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Myers is a FA after this year, staying cheap at center for another 3 years after that is attractive.

That would truly be the ultimate "is Tom our future C" measuring stick. I was thinking the same but if Tom is that guy, then I'd guess no interest there.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

How much do you think Myers will cost? He is currently 32nd in AAV at ~1.4 million.  The 16h player, Garrett Bradbury, is ~5.3 million.  Only the top 9 contracts are over 10 million per season (and I believe that Jason Kelce and Cory Linsley both retired).  I think he is fine, and if you pay him like he is fine, you aren't hurting the cap.  If you really love a prospect, go ahead and draft him.  I simply don't buy that Myers is a player we need to actively seek a replacement for.  

• Like 2

Adam Schefter -   Chicago’s No. 1 overall pick Caleb Williams broke the Fanatics record for draft night merchandise sales for any draft pick in any sport, beating the previous record set last week by Caitlin Clark.

I think my dream result for today would look something like this: 

41. Kneeland (EDGE)

58. Bullard or Bishop (SAF)

88. Puni (IOL)

91. Renardo Green (CB)

Then hit LB and RB on day 3 plus whatever else we want. 

• Like 2

Andrew Brandt -   Cousins will make $100 million from the Falcons for two years of service and then clear out for Penix. Again, a nice deal for him, adding to his $300 million of career earnings, but probably not what he had in mind when he signed.

Do we have an opinion on Michael Hall Jr?

Looking to next year we have two IDL as free agents. Hall is a high RAS, very young player from a big program. Seems really, really Packery to me. But don't know much else about him.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Do we have an opinion on Michael Hall Jr?

Looking to next year we have two IDL as free agents. Hall is a high RAS, very young player from a big program. Seems really, really Packery to me. But don't know much else about him.

Subpackage only player to me, very Wyatt like vs the pass, but even worse against the run. Maason Smith / Ruke Orhorhoro are more what we need. 

• Like 2