2024 Day 2 NFL Draft Thread (No Spoilers)

CWood21

Just now, NFLGURU said:

What's the time limit for the picks tonight?

Time limits Round 1: 10 minutes per selection. Round 2: Seven minutes per selection. Rounds 3-6: Five minutes per selection. Round 7: Four minutes per selection.

• Like 1

I'm hoping for a trade up for Cooper Beebe just for that split second represented here with ellipses where they announce:

"The Packers select Cooper...Beebe OL Kansas State."

I think knowing the emotional rollercoaster that would cause would entertain me more at this time than a Lombardi. 

• Like 2

Highly doubt DeJean will be there at 41 if we sit tight. We’re probably gonna have to trade up. Such is the nature of the beast when you make “huh?” picks instead of going for value.

3 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

Highly doubt DeJean will be there at 41 if we sit tight. We’re probably gonna have to trade up. Such is the nature of the beast when you make “huh?” picks instead of going for value.

If Gute saw value in DeJean at 25, he would have picked him.  I'd think that would be obvious.

• Like 2

GuteySZN -  So pass on JPJ at 41? I agree unless they do some trades to get another second.

• Ross Uglem -    Yes. Drafting Morgan may have just made Tom their long term C. They have two backup C in Jenkins and Tom already. This team is literally missing a starting safety and a starting linebacker. The OL depth has been addressed. Let's move on.
Edited by Leader

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ross Uglem -    Yes. Drafting Morgan may have just made Tom their long term C. They have two backup C in Jenkins and Tom already. This team is literally missing a starting safety and a starting linebacker. The OL depth has been addressed. Let's move on.

Is he an idiot? the depth clearly has not been addressed.

We lost 3 OL in the offseason - Bakhtiari. Runyan and Nijman.

Rhyan at the moment is starting RG by default because there's no-one else. We don't know yet if he's the answer.

The less said about Newman the better.

Morgan is Bakthiari's replacement. If Walker is seen as just a backup swing tackle and not a starter then we need to draft another tackle especially if Tom moves to centre.

We have zero guard depth behind Jenkins and Rhyan right now.,

Edited by Chili
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Chili said:

Is he an idiot? the depth clearly has not been addressed.

We lost 3 OL in the offseason - Bakhtiari. Runyan and Nijman.

Rhyan at the moment is starting RG by default because there's no-one else. We don't know yet if he's the answer.

The less said about Newman the better.

Morgan is Bakthiari's replacement. If Walker is seen as just a backup swing tackle and not a starter then we need to draft another tackle especially if Tom moves to centre.

We have zero guard depth behind Jenkins and Rhyan right now.,

He was responding to a question about drafting JPJ at 41. I personally dont know who JPJ but presume he's an OLineman - so my guess is that he's not saying never draft another OLineman - just not with one of the higher picks.

55 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

For those thinking DL.

We have two spots. Wyatt and Clark are sitting in them. Slaton has a year left under contract of his best work yet as a reserve. I’m not taking a snap away from Karl Brooks. Colby Wooden is getting a try somewhere on the DL. What’s the snap count going to be on a rookie DL for us?

Not sure about 2024, but there could be a lot of snaps open in 2025 with clark and Slaton entering the last year on their contracts

11 minutes ago, Leader said:

He was responding to a question about drafting JPJ at 41. I personally dont know who JPJ but presume he's an OLineman - so my guess is that he's not saying never draft another OLineman - just not with one of the higher picks.

JPJ (Jackson Powers Johnson - Oregon, 6'3 3/8" ) is a massive Center (330lb) who was in mocks as high as about pick 23 overall, on some. Obviously teams like him a little less then the media mocks, but he is the number 1 Center, looked very good at the Senior Bowl and dominated during the season.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

Just now, squire12 said:

Not sure about 2024, but there could be a lot of snaps open in 2025 with clark and Slaton entering the last year on their contracts

You’d have to think the Packers extend KC. Watch what he does this year. So you’re drafting a big NT as some point this year to take Slaton snaps next year. Not a day 2 need IMO.

Just now, OneTwoSixFive said:

JPJ (Jackson Powers Johnson - Oregon) is a massive Center (330lb) who was in mocks as high as about pick 23 overall on some. Obviously teams like him a little less then the media mocks, but he is the number 1 Center, looked very good at the Senior Bowl and dominated during the season.

Yup. Thanks. After posting the above comment I Googled JPJ to check in fact if my theory was correct.
We'll draft more Olineman. Its a GB staple....which is a good thing. The Bak debacle and some less than stellar play by some mid-tier players had the OL in the worse state of flux than I can remember in GB. It's always been other teams that have OL problems. Sounds to me that we're looking to put the Bak bump in the road behind us.