Austin Booker: B+

Picks for Players:

2nd Round: Montez Sweat: A+

4th round: Keenan Allen: A+

5th round: Ryan Bates: C+

6th round: Dan Feeney: C+

7th round: N’Keal Harry: C

Overall: A+

I wouldn’t change any of our picks.  I’m pumped about Sweat/Allen and never opposed to offensive line depth.  

How do Harry and Feeny get Cs? They did nothing and were cut.  What would make them Fs?

Or is C your lowest possible grade for a 6th or 7th rounder?

6 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Drake Maye - A

This depends where you land on him as a prospect. Some people have him closer to Trubisky, some have him closer to Herbert. I’m in the latter camp, so that and our desperate need for a QB, I am over the moon. Our lack of talent around him isnt considered here, grading in a vacuum. 

Ja’Lynn Polk - B

a whiff of a reach, but again, we are desperate for this type of player and I think he’s a good’un. We need a WR that can make contested catches and have reliable hands for our new QB.

Caedan Wallace -  D

Nope. Apparently he can play “every spot” on the line. Which probably means he can’t play in any spot in the NFL. He’s quite light and athletic, but he’s mostly played at RT - the spot on the line that is actually OK with Onwenu. It’s a classic reach for “need”.

Layden Robinson - D

The player we need on the line is a LT. We have so many guards, and many that were drafted recently. Fine, this regime didn’t draft them, but we have 680 guards and Okorafor at LT. Another reach.

Javon Baker - A

We needed a WR who can separate, burn past man, get himself open and get up to the ball. I think Baker can do that! Probably our best pick? Great value here too, with most having 3rd round grades.

Marcellas Dial - C

Not really sure. Relying on write ups for this one. Seems meh to me. Good physical corner who can slow WRs down that way, but can’t diagnose plays before they happen and can be fooled. 

Joe Milton - D

why?

Jaheim Bell - B+

Love this pick here! Great value. Won’t be used to block, but he’s a piece that Van Pelt can hopefully move around and get creative with. 

Overall - C

For me personally, it was a roller coaster draft. Highs and lows. I think it’s going to be a very divisive draft class. Some of us are over the moon, some of us hate it. For me, I’m in the middle. 

On Polk, a source that one of the Titans guys has in the building said the Titans were looking at Polk as a second round receiver option, so he might have been one of those guys that the league was higher on than we all were.

And with Milton, I think that’s a combo of the school he played at, the ability to maybe play him in package plays, and the possibility of converting him to a TE.

• Like 1

Objectively, probably a solid B. Personally, I'd rank it closer to a C, just because I'm a harsh grader for drafts.

The Giants got good value with all of their early picks. 

Player-pick chosen-consensus big board ranking:

Malik Nabers-6-3

Tyler Nubin-47-47

Andru Phillips-70-75

Theo Johnson-107-90

Tyrone Tracy-166-148

I'm lower on Tyler Nubin than most because of his poor testing, but that was alleviated a little bit after hearing that he had a meniscus scope just a few weeks before the combine and rushed back a bit to compete there. Helps explain it a bit. 

A draft isn't an A for me unless the team showed exceptional savvy moving around the board and picked up excess value via trades. B is the best you can get just getting great value at all the picks you went into the draft with. 

• Like 1

CB Quinyon Mitchell  (A) Very good pick
DB Cooper DeJean   (A) Very good pick
EDGE Jalyx Hunt (C) We could have taken some good players at 78 who could help this year. We traded down and took a project who won't help for a year or 2, if he actually hits.
RB Will Shipley (C+) He's quick and smooth, but goes down too easily from minimal contact.
WR Ainias Smith (C) 
LB Jeremiah Trotter Jr (D) Don't see him being anything more than STer.
G Trevor Keegan (D) Never heard of him.
WR Johnny Wilson (D) He is not good at football.
G Dylan McMahon (B+) I think he has starter potential. 

Overall. Howie gets an A for his first 2 picks, but they will likely be the only 2 players from this draft that are still on the roster in 3 years, so a B overall.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

Quinyon Mitchell - A+

Got the best player in the draft at position of need without having to move up to get him.  I honestly don't know how teams allowed him to fall that far.

Cooper DeJean - A+

Even though they had to use both 2nds to move up to get him, they manage to get a 3rd back to get a guy that imo should've been a top 15 pick.  To pick no earlier than 22 and get 2 of the best defensive players in the draft is stunning.

Jalyx Hunt - B-

As much as I would have loved to get someone like Roman Wilson that could help this year, this isn't a bad pick either.  If they had just stuck and picked at 78 and this is what they got out of it I would be a lot harsher on this pick, but due to 2 trade downs they added 2 4th round picks and that has to be considered.  This is also probably the top of his range despite some analysts having him ranked higher, so can't be overly favorable either.  End of the day they got a pet project that Fangio really wanted and maneuvered well to get him.

Will Shipley - B-

Solid pick.  Right in his range and the Eagles needed depth at RB.  He will at least provide Gainwell competition for whatever snaps are leftover from Barkley.

Ainia Smith - B+

I'm a bit higher on him than some other Eagles fans here, but he's a good football player and has a shot to beat out the competition as the primary slot option.  At the very least should be a solid returner and his ability to play RB gives the Eagles options to maybe find a sub package to get him involved.

Jeremiah Trotter Jr - B+

This is just fun.  I could understand some apprehension behind this pick if we had taken him in the 3rd round, but this late in the draft he's a good value pick.  This is a perfect spot to take a chance on someone like him. 

Trevor Keegan - B-

Would have preferred Mahogany with this pick, but the Eagles needed OL depth and is solid value this late even if I prefer Mahogany.

Johnny Wilson - A

Why not? He probably should've gone much earlier than this.  He's got intriguing traits and at the very least can be a rz target early on.

Dylan McMahon - B

Traits, traits, traits.  Another guy worth taking a flier on late.

Howie also added a 3rd, 4th, and 5th next year which needs to be taken into account while evaluating this class.

Overall Grade - A

Not sure how it could be graded otherwise? The 1st 2 picks alone make this a great draft.  The Eagles easily had a top 5 draft imo.  The Colts and the Lions did great too imo.  There were a handful of other teams I also thought did well, but I can't be anything other than happy with the Eagles draft.

Round 2

(42) CB Kamari Lassiter:   I love Lassiter as a prospect.  I personally felt we should have taken him at 59 instead of 42 but when the run of CB's happened (Dejean and Kool-Aid) the Texans had to swoop him up.   If he ran a faster 40 time he would have been a first round pick.  He is still a good prospect regardless.    A

(59) OT Blake Fisher:  First initital thought when it was announced he was the pick was "WHY?" I didnt expect an offensive lineman to be one of our earlier picks, but I get the reasoning for it.  We had a ton of injuries on the ol last season.  If one of our tackles get hurt Fisher can step in and contribute.  B

Round 3

(78) S Calen Bullock:  The Texans traded up for him so clearly they loved him as a prospect.  Safety is one of our needs so I cant get mad at the selection.  He is way better as a pass defender (which we need badly) than a run defender.   B

Round 4

(123) TE Cade Stover:  My second favorite pick the Texans made.  This pick will make CJ Stroud happy. Stover will give the Texans a pretty good TE core along with Dalton Schultz and Brevin Jordan.  A

Round 6

(188) LB Jamal Hill:  Developmental Prospect.  Started as a safety, and moved to LB.  Saw his highlights and he can really run.  I can see him contributing on special teams.  Anything else is gravy.  B

(205) RB Jawhar Jordan: Issac Guerendo might have been the RB at Louisville with the most upside, but Jordan had the better season of the two.  I like that he is a perfect fit in the ZBS.  I wouldnt be shocked if he ends up taking the backup RB job from Dameon Pierce during the season.  B-

Round 7

(238) DE Solomon Byrd: Productive at both Wyoming and USC.  7th rounders are longshots to make the team, so I doubt he will be the exception.  C

(247) DT Marcus Harris:  IMO this pick was a steal.  Most people had Harris going round 5.  Granted I just said 7th rounders are longshots to make the team, I think Harris will be the exception.  He was produtive at Auburn and showed a knack his last year there to get at the quarterback from the interior.  A

(249) OG LaDarius Henderson:  I personally think he will either be cut of be a PS candidate.  His play vs Iowa, Bama and the Sr. Bowl left a lot to be desired.   C

Overall I give our draft a solid B

I'll say right now some of yall in here have Homer glasses. Not everyone can have an A ranked draft haha!

Round 1, Pick 12: Bo Nix, QB

Grade: ??? Probably not what people would want to see here but I just don't know how to grade this until we see how it works in Seans system. Was it a reach? Yes, and no. Rams basically confirmed they were going to take him if we didnt and for better or worse, this is Sean's draft. This will be the defining move of the twilight of his coaching career.

Round 3, Pick 76: Jonah Elliss,Edge

Grade: B. I think he gives some power to our edge game as we have a bunch of undersized guys. Problem is we already have so many people at this position and the real issue is no batman. Idk if Elliss is that albeit good value for his draft position.

Round 4, Pick 102: Troy Franklin, WR

Grade: A. Pretty crazy this guy fell so far and clear move to help Bo have an instant connection on offense after Jeudys departure. Great pick

Round 5, Pick 145: Kris Abrams-Draine, CB

Grade: A. Another dude who dropped hard on the board. Is there probably some reason for that? Sure. Then again we sorely need a #2 across from Sertain which Kris could definitely be.

Missouri Round 5, Pick 147: Audric Estime, RB

Grade: C. Another guy who was good value for the selection but tbh, just wasn't really a need for the Broncos. I guess RBs have a better chance to succeed as late picks so I don't mind it, just doesn't move the needle much

Round 7, Pick 235: Devaughn Vele, WR

Round 7, Pick 256: Nick Gargiulo, OL

Grades: probably Ds. I'm just guessing these guys won't turn into much. Then again I can't say I know hardly anything about them

Johnathan Franklin Meyers trade: A

Great value trade on a dude Jets fans love. Desperately needed on our awful D-line

Overall: B. We certainly had a plan in mind and executed it with relatively little capital. It's just so reliant on Nix working out, which I can't say I'm sold on. Hope he proves me wrong though!

I base mine off of  need and BPA   So if i think the dude was great value there it's an A. if it's also a need then it goes A+  if it's not a need it drops down a grade.  The only time i will give a grade a D is if it's not a need and the dude was drafted like 3 rounds early.  Usually the lowest i'll give someone who's ok value and talented is a C-.

Michael Penix - My number 2 QB in class and guy i had originally to us before cousins.  So value is an A   but it wasn't a need at all right away so it drops down a grade to a 
Grade  B-

Ruke Ohorhoro
- I didn't think 3-4 Edge / 4-3 DT was a need going into the draft and i still don't think it is after the draft.  I also hate the trade up to get him that cost us a 3rd for a guy i didn't think was worth our #43 pick had him late 2nd early 3rd so not super far off but enough to lower the grade a bit.   I could understand Newton here as BPA and a top 10 value.   But Ruke wasn't the move here imo.
Grade C-

Bralen Trice
- My #5 edge in the class and a late 1st early 2nd round guy to me. I loved Trice coming out he was right behind chop and just ahead of braswell on my list.  Biggest position of need in the draft as well at Edge.   
Grade - A+

Brandon Dorlus
- Again it's not a position of need for me in a 3-4 Edge / 4-3DT.  Difference here though is we didn't trade extra picks to go get him and i actually have him as 3rd round player not a 4th.  So to me this is a much better value pick than Ruke was.  A for value  but a - for not a position of need.
Grade A-

JD Bertrand - 
Looks like an alright LB from what i can tell and has some upside i didn't know him to well coming out but i have no issues with the pick after deep diving in on him the last 2 days.
Grade B

Jase McClellan
- Didn't think we needed a RB in this draft and shouldn't have wasted more draft capital on it when we had other needs in WW, SS, and CB still. He is ok value here i guess but not enough for me to give it a great grade.
Grade C

Casey Washington
- We for sure needed a WR with upside and i think we got one.  Although i think there were for sure better WR prospects to be had in the last 3 picks.  So he doesn't get a super high grade but not a bad one either.  It was a need and he can play a bit.
Grade - B

Zion Logue
- I am personally much higher on Logue than some people might be and i think we needed a NT badly on this team for this scheme.  Unlike 3-4Edge/4-3 DT where we were already loaded.  We only had 1 NT on the team in Eddie Goldman and this scheme needs one to be at it's best.  Will get a big grade from me because i like Logue after seeing him at UGA the last few years i was impressed when he did get to play.
Grade - A+

So with my point scale from 0 to 9 
D    0     B-  4       A  8 
C-  1      B   5       A+ 9
C    2     B+ 6
C+ 3     A-  7

for the entire draft is    42 points divided by 8 picks   5.25 points 

Final Grade - B

I’ll give it a B overall.

I think Van Pran and Carter can be long term starters/key contributors. Cole Bishop looks like a McDermott safety and should be a starter for a while. Davis could be solid as an RB2

Some decent depth on the Oline and secondary as well.

If Coleman balls out this draft can jump to an A or higher real quick. Conversely, if he bust, it could fall real quick as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dbrog24 said:

I'll say right now some of yall in here have Homer glasses. Not everyone can have an A ranked draft haha!

Round 1, Pick 12: Bo Nix, QB

Grade: ??? Probably not what people would want to see here but I just don't know how to grade this until we see how it works in Seans system. Was it a reach? Yes, and no. Rams basically confirmed they were going to take him if we didnt and for better or worse, this is Sean's draft. This will be the defining move of the twilight of his coaching career.

Round 3, Pick 76: Jonah Elliss,Edge

Grade: B. I think he gives some power to our edge game as we have a bunch of undersized guys. Problem is we already have so many people at this position and the real issue is no batman. Idk if Elliss is that albeit good value for his draft position.

Round 4, Pick 102: Troy Franklin, WR

Grade: A. Pretty crazy this guy fell so far and clear move to help Bo have an instant connection on offense after Jeudys departure. Great pick

Round 5, Pick 145: Kris Abrams-Draine, CB

Grade: A. Another dude who dropped hard on the board. Is there probably some reason for that? Sure. Then again we sorely need a #2 across from Sertain which Kris could definitely be.

Missouri Round 5, Pick 147: Audric Estime, RB

Grade: C. Another guy who was good value for the selection but tbh, just wasn't really a need for the Broncos. I guess RBs have a better chance to succeed as late picks so I don't mind it, just doesn't move the needle much

Round 7, Pick 235: Devaughn Vele, WR

Round 7, Pick 256: Nick Gargiulo, OL

Grades: probably Ds. I'm just guessing these guys won't turn into much. Then again I can't say I know hardly anything about them

Johnathan Franklin Meyers trade: A

Great value trade on a dude Jets fans love. Desperately needed on our awful D-line

Overall: B. We certainly had a plan in mind and executed it with relatively little capital. It's just so reliant on Nix working out, which I can't say I'm sold on. Hope he proves me wrong though!

Not everyone can have an A ranked draft a few years from now when we can properly evaluate them.

But value and how fans feel about it? Everyone can get an A when you're grading a draft right away.

But teams do questionable things like taking Penix after signing Cousins or drafting Bo Nix early, and it's interesting to see how fans feel about their drafts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FrantikRam said:

Not everyone can have an A ranked draft a few years from now when we can properly evaluate them.

But value and how fans feel about it? Everyone can get an A when you're grading a draft right away.

But teams do questionable things like taking Penix after signing Cousins or drafting Bo Nix early, and it's interesting to see how fans feel about their drafts.

That's what I'm saying. Broncos draft may turn to a D or even worse if Nix just becomes Case Keenum 2.0. Sean made picks based around him so it could get bad quickly. Broncos aren't the only team in the draft where this is true though, probably to your point

• Like 1