2024 Breakout Players

tyler735

Chamarri Conner and Leo Chenal for the Chiefs. Could argue they already did in the postseason. Conner saw his snap count skyrocket when Cook got hurt, and Chenal stepped in when Gay was hurt against the Bills/Ravens, and had a huge role in the Superbowl against San Fran. But with Edwards and Gay both having left in free agency, those roles should be permanent now for each, and I think they'll be impact players on the defense all year next year.

7 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Plenty of Packer fans would probably put Reed here but frankly I think Dontayvion Wicks is going to cement himself as a true #1 in a year or two. 

This chart is encouraging for Saints fans. AT Perry, Olave and Shaheed all seem to chart pretty well on this.

7 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Plenty of Packer fans would probably put Reed here but frankly I think Dontayvion Wicks is going to cement himself as a true #1 in a year or two. 

Mike Evans with higher separation (grade) than Tyreek Hill is pretty crazy

7 hours ago, Daniel said:

So, as strange as it sounds, maybe add Treylon Burks to the list for the Titans.  Callahan is raving about how good he looks, and he apparently clocked in really, really fast in team practices.

I'm not gonna get excited about it, but for how little he's done, if he has a dang 500 yard season I'd count it as a breakout.

Waiting for this to come true but not until Burks is on the Cardinals or something 

31 minutes ago, Forge said:

Waiting for this to come true but not until Burks is on the Cardinals or something 

Yeah, I think there’s about a 50/50 chance this is just praise to try and increase his trade value.

Some might say David Njoku for the Browns already has established himself as an upper end TE. I think he has the potential to be the top TE. If Watson plays to his potential (huge question mark), Njoku could explode.

Posted (edited)

I’m expecting MJ Emerson and Dawand Jones to play at all pro levels either this upcoming season or the year after.

Ward is still better than Emerson because he plays out of his mind, but Emerson’s time is coming.

I worry about Dawands weight, not ability. If I had to choose between him and Emerson, it’s Emerson.

Edited by candyman93

15 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I’m expecting MJ Emerson and Dawand Jones to play at all pro levels either this upcoming season or the year after.

Ward is still better than Emerson because he plays out of his mind, but Emerson’s time is coming.

I worry about Dawands weight, not ability. If I had to choose between him and Emerson, it’s Emerson.

I thought Emerson could have been a pro bowler and JOK an All pro. 

JOK may take another step this year could end up at the top of the linebacker market. 

• Like 1

On 5/7/2024 at 2:25 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

From the Las Vegas Raiders locker room: LB Malcolm Koonce

Malcolm Koonce. He's entering his 3rd season and put up 8 sacks last year... all after week 8 when AP took over. He completely flipped a switch and was an absolute animal. Most Raider fans are begging for him to be extended sooner than later as his price is going to skyrocket in short time.

I think he and Tyree will split time at DE, and Tyree will shift inside in 3rd downs, allowing Koonce to get a ton of great pass-rushing looks.

Crosby - Wilkins - Wilson - Koonce is going to cause a lot of issues for O's.

Didn’t he breakout this past season though? If he’s still under the radar then definitely he’s one to watch but maybe a good candidate could be Michael Mayer (I think he’ll work well in tandem with Bowers rather than splitting time) or how about Tyree Wilson as he’ll have Crosby, Wilkins, Koonce drawing attention and he’ll be maybe a forgotten man. Tre Tucker could also be a candidate