Should the Packers be forced to cut Rodgers?

patriotsheatyan

37 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

He should be forced to sign with the Vikings. That'll show em!!

I think he would have to go through waivers first, which means the Cleveland Browns would have first crack at him.  That would be pretty awesome on all accounts IMO.

This is actually a thing? I thought it was just a running gag in the Vikings section. :D

I don't think anyone's going to make a serious issue out of this. While it would be something to see the chilling, soul-searing panic that would engulf the Packer Nation if they did have to give up A-Rod ... honestly I'd rather have him stay right where he is; where the burden of the entire team's morale and success remains a crushing weight upon his shoulders, and the coaching staff can continue to hide behind his numbers until one day he retires and the whole house of cards comes down.

And on a less acrimonious note, he belongs in Green Bay. The Vikings need him there almost as much as the Packers do for one simple reason: you need strong divisional opponents to hone your skills. You need an immediate, looming challenge that gives you a sense of perspective. With Rodgers there, beating the Packers takes on a special meaning. I just don't get the same satisfaction from knocking Brett Hundley around.

33 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

There is no dead money if he were released. He is a vet so I believe he wouldn't have to clear waivers. The only real punishment forcing the Packers to cut him is the risk that Rodgers wouldn't re-sign with the Packers which seems extremely unlikely.

That and he could demand more money.

1 hour ago, y*so*blu said:

And on a less acrimonious note, he belongs in Green Bay. The Vikings need him there almost as much as the Packers do for one simple reason: you need strong divisional opponents to hone your skills. You need an immediate, looming challenge that gives you a sense of perspective. With Rodgers there, beating the Packers takes on a special meaning. I just don't get the same satisfaction from knocking Brett Hundley around.

The Bills, Dolphins, and Jets would disagree with that.

Archived