DPOY

3rivers

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Jordan has been great but Campbell does have more FR, sacks and tackles plus a TD(albeit very slim margins) Idk about FF, TFL but i know Jordan has a pick, not sure if he scored but if CC edges him out there and plays on the #1 defense should he get the nod over Jordan?

Jordan has a pick 6,, 2 forced fumbles, double-digit TFl, Sacks, and passes defensed.  He's also been great against the run, as he might be the most well rounded DE in the league.

I haven't watched Campbell much, and he may well deserve it, but Jordan has a serious case.

Donald.

He has been a force to be reckoned with this season and that’s with him missing Week 1 due to hold out thus starting off slowly because he was working himself into game shape. The Rams defense has forced a takeaway on the opening drive of the game 8 times this season (most in the NFL). They have a current streak of 4 straight games right now. Donald has I think 2 straight times been the reason the Rams defense forced a turnover on the opening drive of the game (Giants, Texans). Oh and he is on a top 10 defense that has one of the best records in the NFL. 

I’ll also add that he has had signature moments this season. That TNF game at SF when he sacked Hoyer to end the comeback hopes of the Niners in a wild game (one of the best games of the season). Also that dominating performance against the Seahawks two weeks ago where he sacked Wilson 3 times and forced a fumble. 

6 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Harrison Smith

Number one rated safety in the NFL. Having the best season of his career. Elite in coverage and run support.

I’m curious but has a player won a major award like MVP, OPOY, or DPOY without even receiving pro bowl honors? I know Smith was snubbed this season but all in all he didn’t get voted in and thus I don’t believe I remember a year a guy who one of those awards but wasn’t voted into the pro bowl.

Just now, stl4life07 said:

I’m curious but has a player won a major award like MVP, OPOY, or DPOY without even receiving pro bowl honors? I know Smith was subbed this season but all and all he didn’t get voted in and thus I don’t believe I remember a year a guy who one of those awards but wasn’t voted into the pro bowl.

Good question. I doubt he wins DPOY but he should get the All Pro Honors and I'm ok with that.

1 minute ago, TENINCH said:

Good question. I doubt he wins DPOY but he should get the All Pro Honors and I'm ok with that.

Yeah he better get All Pro Honors. That dude is good. I voted for him with my fan vote for the Pro Bowl. I don’t know how much fan voting counts but it’s still hard to believe he didn’t get it. Like that’s one of the biggest snubbs in recent memory to me.

19 minutes ago, El ramster said:

like 10 of his sacks are against the crappy Texans. 

6 of them are. and 5 of Donald's are against Seattle and Arizona, not exactly teams known for stellar offensive line play, particularly on the interior. 

4 hours ago, BigBearSD said:

Most of their main stats are pretty much the same. But what stands out about Cameron Jordan is that he also has 12 pass break ups on the year which separates him from Calais Cambpell and Everson Griffen.

Doesn't playing for the #1 defense mean anything though? I will say 12 PDs is crazy for a DL

Archived