DeShone Kizer: can he turn it around?

Apparition

4 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Hindsight is a hell of a drug. 

Are you crazy.. Every rams fan and their mother stood by our baby.

Look at those throws.. Keenum could only dream of making those throws.. 

There was a ton of promise. Specially that last seattle game were not sure if it was Thomas or coop that dropped a gorgeous bomb only to be dropped.

We've seen really good Qb's.. Ala Sammy.. Sammy was a baller just always hurt.

Yes, it’s possible.We’ve seen it before.

If he’s a good kid off the field that works hard, & Cleveland are prepared to develop him, there’s a chance. 

I hate how early some of these teams give up on kids. The win now mentality in the NFL  over player development, contributes to the slipping standard of play at the pro level, imo.

24 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Are you crazy.. Every rams fan and their mother stood by our baby.

Look at those throws.. Keenum could only dream of making those throws.. 

There was a ton of promise. Specially that last seattle game were not sure if it was Thomas or coop that dropped a gorgeous bomb only to be dropped.

We've seen really good Qb's.. Ala Sammy.. Sammy was a baller just always hurt.

Every Rams fan I'm sure :)

7 hours ago, El ramster said:

Hue is suppose to be a genious OC and nothing’s working.. Kizer has thrown some ugly balls and head scratching INTs. 

No reason to believe he is a QB genius though. What has he ever done besides being there for Dalton's career year?

5 hours ago, Non-Issue said:

And a terrible line.
And terrible receivers. 
And no running game.

Unlike Goff last year, with Gordon back, Coleman healthy and Njoku coming around Kizer has had it pretty good in all three categories. It hasn't led to improvement on his part though which is alarming. Hue doesn't do him any favors but eventually he would be asked to win a game and he loses games doing that. I think he is at 27 turnovers.

I know Smith and Goff were mentioned as a testament to waiting to give up but also teams invested #1 overall picks in those guys they cant just give up on that. Kizer was a late 2nd round pick and has played awful. I’d be shocked if he didnt have a replacement drafted this year to take his spot opening day

I think that he can actually become an NFL level QB, not a great starter, but could be solid enough, probably a low level starter.

Watching what I could of him play, it seems like he shows flashes and then makes dumb decisions in the big moment. I think there is a chance he can cut those down and make enough big plays to be useful.

Deshone Kizer was going to be a boom or bust player.  He wasn't ready day one and needed some time to develop into an NFL quarterback.  As much as you often see "Let's put him in and see what we've got", that's a great way to ruin a young quarterback prospect. The Browns had the scenario set up.  They had Brock Osweiler there to take the brunt of the heat and they had Cody Kessler as the backup.  Kizer should never have seen the field until the earliest week thirteen and even then with the understanding that he wasn't expected to win and he was basically going to be playing with the training wheels still on. That the goal was to just get some experience against NFL defenses. 

Instead the Browns took a quarterback who's own college coach said wasn't ready and they started him day one.   They put everything on the shoulders of a 21 year old kid. 

No, Deshone Kizer can not bounce back.  The Browns have set him on a course for failure and like every other quarterback they've drafted since they returned to the NFL, there is no going back.  Maybe if they give him to the Giants or Jaguars, after years of intense psychological therapy, maybe he can be a decent backup (it's a David Carr joke in case no one understood the reference).  But otherwise, his days of meaningfully contributing to whatever team he is on is done, and it is 1000% the fault of the Cleveland Browns organization. 

Kizer is missing the 2 biggest things that make a QB good. Accuracy and decision making. I dont know if those are traits that a QB can just learn overnight and become good at especially when he was known for being a inaccurate passer in college. He makes rookie mistakes, but the problem is that after week 8, he kept on making rookie mistakes and showed little progression that he is learning defenses, displaying better decision making and becoming a more efficient passer.

16 weeks in he is the same QB he was in preseason which is the same QB he was in college--and that is telling.

Archived