8th pick in the draft

Rogerthat

27 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

1 browns - Barkley RB - top QB say they don't want to play in Cleveland.  Why risk an eli manning situation take a the best player in the draft

2 Giants - Darnold QB - obvious

3 colts: trade to jets - Rosen

4 Browns QB - Lamar Jackson - it comes down to who's better Jackson or Mayfield.  Jackson has more potential.  He has gotten bigger from his soph to Jr seasons and he has developed as a passer.  Plus Mayfield feels like Manzel 2.0 especially in Cleveland

5 Broncos - Mayfield QB - bears need cousins to resign or go to Jax

6  Colts - Trade Bears - Bradley Chubb - Pace doesn't move down in the 1st he moves up and gets his guy.  bears give up a 4th and 2019 4 or 5th.  Pace trades back in the 2nd to recoup the lost picks.  That's Pace's MO.

Again i have to preface this with its the browns, we dont know, but you do realize that the eli manning situation worked out GREAT for the chargers right? They got Phillip Rivers who the coaching staff wanted all along AND a return haul of picks one of which became Shawne Merriman.  Why wouldnt the Browns risk something like that happening.  Ive said it before and ill say it again, if the browns dont take the best qb #1 overall, they deserve to go 0-16 for another 3 years.

Also taking a rb #1 overall is about as football stupid as it gets and is an incredible market inefficiency

The more I think about it, trading down is becoming my ideal scenario....

My target right now is one of 3 players:

1. Quenton Nelson (Who's questionable to be there at 8 regardless... and going to put us in a situation where we'd have Sitton and Long on the roster already.. so he's technically not as big a need this year, as much as next year/long term)

2. Calvin Ridley... I still like Ridley as the #1 WR of the draft class by far.  If he was 15 pounds heavier to help with Blocking on the perimeter (especially since we run outside a ton) and 2 years younger, I'd have him as a top 5 pick, even.

3. Vita Vea..... Hicks/Goldman/Vea or Hicks/Vea/Goldman..... This is quickly becoming my ideal draft scenario for us. Why?  Because it gives us a backup NT option (since Vae and Goldman can play it), and it gives us one of the most hellaciously strong front 3s I can think of.  I don't like the value for an EDGE here (Chubb gone, Key being a giant question mark, and most rankings put Landry as a mid-late 1st rounder), but simply having this much talent on the front 3 should do wonders towards keeping the 4 LBs free and clear to do what they want.  And most importantly, I think Vea can be had on a trade DOWN... by at least a few picks.

Vea is the only one of these scenarios I see without any real downside. We can use the extra pick to address WR/CB/Edge and we'd gain a pretty damn big piece defensively.... That front 3 would be nigh impossible to run against and should leave the LBs more open for Blitz opportunities.

Also.... this

2 hours ago, Epyon said:

The more I think about it, trading down is becoming my ideal scenario....

My target right now is one of 3 players:

1. Quenton Nelson (Who's questionable to be there at 8 regardless... and going to put us in a situation where we'd have Sitton and Long on the roster already.. so he's technically not as big a need this year, as much as next year/long term)

2. Calvin Ridley... I still like Ridley as the #1 WR of the draft class by far.  If he was 15 pounds heavier to help with Blocking on the perimeter (especially since we run outside a ton) and 2 years younger, I'd have him as a top 5 pick, even.

3. Vita Vea..... Hicks/Goldman/Vea or Hicks/Vea/Goldman..... This is quickly becoming my ideal draft scenario for us. Why?  Because it gives us a backup NT option (since Vae and Goldman can play it), and it gives us one of the most hellaciously strong front 3s I can think of.  I don't like the value for an EDGE here (Chubb gone, Key being a giant question mark, and most rankings put Landry as a mid-late 1st rounder), but simply having this much talent on the front 3 should do wonders towards keeping the 4 LBs free and clear to do what they want.  And most importantly, I think Vea can be had on a trade DOWN... by at least a few picks.

Vea is the only one of these scenarios I see without any real downside. We can use the extra pick to address WR/CB/Edge and we'd gain a pretty damn big piece defensively.... That front 3 would be nigh impossible to run against and should leave the LBs more open for Blitz opportunities.

Also.... this

LOL. Vea looked like the fat kid that was 3-4 years older than all the others at the gradeschool. He is an awesome prospect, but just saying.

I am warming up to the idea of Nelson as the RT. IDC that he played G, he would be a top 2-3 tackle in the class in the worst scenario IMO.

Leno - Long - Whitehair - Sitton - Nelson. If healthy that is a beast of a running group.

8 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

1 INT. My bad. Early morning memory. ?‍♂️

Peppers wasn’t even for sure a DB. A lot of people thought (and may still think) his best position was as a RB. He and Minkah are very different in that regard. 

I agree that Minkah is a much better defensive prospect, Peppers had questions about if he would even be a good defender, as he wasn't an impactful player on the backend really IMO. I don't feel they have much in common.

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

LOL. Vea looked like the fat kid that was 3-4 years older than all the others at the gradeschool. He is an awesome prospect, but just saying.

I am warming up to the idea of Nelson as the RT. IDC that he played G, he would be a top 2-3 tackle in the class in the worst scenario IMO.

Leno - Long - Whitehair - Sitton - Nelson. If healthy that is a beast of a running group.

Totally open to Nelson if he can play RT. But, if he can he’s probably a top 3 pick. 

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

Totally open to Nelson if he can play RT. But, if he can he’s probably a top 3 pick. 

Hoping he gets the "you're a RT, not a LT" treatment and falls.

I love watching him play. I see Conklin-level aggression, and he is even better on the second level and at anchoring IMO.

Just now, Sugashane said:

Hoping he gets the "you're a RT, not a LT" treatment and falls.

I love watching him play. I see Conklin-level aggression, and he is even better on the second level and at anchoring IMO.

I just think if he could play tackle that he would have been in college. Even Brian Kelly wouldn’t screw up that bad. 

I think this is the year we see an absolute QB frenzy in the top 10. I see Darnold/Rosen/Jackson/Mayfield all going before the Bears in some order to Cleveland/NYG/Denver/NYJ. I also think Barkley goes top 5. If this is the case, one of Chubb/Nelson/Fitzpatrick will be there at #8.

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

With how the WR free agent class is finishing the season, Landry goes crazy and Watkjns stinks and Adams re-Signs, I think that WR needs to be at a minimum viewed as a 2nd round need.

I've been on a WR in the second from the get go, there is a lot of WR's in that range that are good and can contribute.

Archived