Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Tom Silverstein -   Packers QB Aaron Rodgers said the offense will have to be creative in year three under LaFleur to keep the players interested. He said LaFleur and OC Nathaniel Hackett have done a good job of adding things that keep the offense from being stale.

32 minutes ago, Leader said:

Matt Schneidman -   Aaron Rodgers says he knows about Jeff Duncan’s report that the Saints chose Jacksonville in part because of Rodgers’ track record in Florida. He smirks and calls that “useless information”

He does play like crap in Tampa, but his previous numbers in Jacksonville and Miami are solid if not spectacular.

4 hours ago, Norm said:

I understand only half of the words in this post

Having Spanish (and Basque) as a mother tongue is a funny thing. Many latin words that are commonly used in Mediterranean languages are considered rare in English. Edulcorated is one of those words. And the Rosamunde Pilcher reference is used only due to the Brittish origin of the poster that I replied to.

• Like 2

Peter Bukowski -  Great nugget that Kyle Shanahan would rather go against “junk” defenses — the heavy blitz teams — because he thinks he can out-scheme them.

It’s the team who “sit back” that are harder to play against. Speaks to why you’re seeing the Fangio scheme boom.

On 9/8/2021 at 4:16 PM, Leader said:

Tom Silverstein -   Packers QB Aaron Rodgers said the offense will have to be creative in year three under LaFleur to keep the players interested. He said LaFleur and OC Nathaniel Hackett have done a good job of adding things that keep the offense from being stale.

You would think that is what the millions of dollars are for? As Ray Lewis said, you don't pay for Sunday. 

• Like 2

On 9/9/2021 at 4:40 PM, Leader said:

Peter Bukowski -  Funny how much better the Packers roster is than a number of “all-in” teams. Really makes you think.

I'm not seeing it at all and if I'm misunderstanding him he probably should be using different terminology perhaps. Let's put this in perspective:

• The other three teams in the division are rebuilding to some extent like Minny's defense 
  • The AFC North teams we play really shouldn't be considered to be "all-in" except for maybe Pittsburgh because of Big Ben's annual ?'s. Cleveland is really the only complete team at this point given Baltimore's injury nightmare at RB. 
  • The NFC West except for Seattle is pretty much in that boat as well with Stafford and the Rams being the only team having what could be considered a long-term situation given that Arizona's still developing, Seattle lost a ton of people on that defense, and SF's probably changing QB's sometime during the year. 
  • The other three opponents are a WFT that's in a developmental year given their situation on offense and a Saints team whose Super Bowl window has probably slammed shut due to Brees fading out and retiring along with their cap situation. The Chiefs are really the only team of those three that's complete

We're gonna play some tough teams, that's the obvious; but to say that you've got a ton of all-in teams just really doesn't make sense. The Chiefs, Rams, and Browns are really the only three teams we will play that could be considered "complete." SF and Baltimore are knocking on that door once SF's QB situation is clear and Baltimore stops watching their RB's get hurt every day. I'm less afraid of Baltimore than I was earlier.