Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap -  I’ve been using the $208.2M cap number since May when the NFL & NFLPA first agreed to this as the 2022 cap ceiling. Nothing changes with any of my cap projections as this was the assumption all along.

Packers are effectively $62M+ over the cap next year after the draft, PS, etc

25 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap -  I’ve been using the $208.2M cap number since May when the NFL & NFLPA first agreed to this as the 2022 cap ceiling. Nothing changes with any of my cap projections as this was the assumption all along.

Packers are effectively $62M+ over the cap next year after the draft, PS, etc

Ingalls likes to play the "sky is falling" game with the salary cap. It's this simple: extend Rodgers and fill in the rest with whatever you can afford. Do that and you're making the playoffs, guaranteed. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Ingalls likes to play the "sky is falling" game with the salary cap. It's this simple: extend Rodgers and fill in the rest with whatever you can afford. Do that and you're making the playoffs, guaranteed. 

He's simply reporting the numbers here based on current contracts and not projecting player moves, extensions etc. He will/has done the latter in other tweets - but not this one.

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Extending Rodgers clears around $30M.  Still a good bit more to clear.

5 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Extending Rodgers clears around $30M.  Still a good bit more to clear.

Sure I get that, but the Packers are literally proving this year that there is only one player on the team who is irreplaceable...12.

So far this year, we've won without several of our highest paid players including 69, 55, 23 (soon to be high paid) and we're even undefeated without 17. 

So the point is pretty simple: You extend 12 and then do what's necessary to cut, restructure, extend other guys to make it work. As long as we have 12 with LaFleur, 2021 is a blueprint for the type of success you can expect.

Edited by packfanfb
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Totally. He’s very knowledgeable but kind of annoying in that aspect.

Better late than never? Here are my top 5:

Bart Starr
Aaron Jones
Leroy Butler
Charles Woodson
Donald Driver

If it were only about what they did on the field, I'd have to find a way to put Favre and Rodgers in there somehow but they aren't nearly as good off the field so they don't make the list.