Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

17 minutes ago, Leader said:

Dont like applying the word "lucky" to the victory. How's "good fortune" work for ya?  :)

As for Huber - he's only (quite rightly) pointing out the need for the special teams to perform better. I trust you agree with him on that point. It's been a topic of conversation all across this forum for weeks.

The 1st paragraph is clearly where my umbrage lies. I dont think anyone calls a 75% win rate squad a "powerhouse". And citing close victories as reasons why he's correct, without the rest of the league as context, is clickbaity. The lead is bad and he should feel bad.

Like no ones putting an asterisk on the Patriots SB over the Seahawks. The hawks decided to throw and got picked. Pats get the trophy: Arizona decided to throw and we picked it. We get the W, keep the asterisk. That win doesnt have anything to do with the ST.

Honestly didnt read past his 1st paragraph cuz it was bad and there were too many more words to care about

Edited by HighCalebR

6 hours ago, Leader said:

LOL. I said thats fine. Points noted. Nobody said the Packers are a lucky team - but - Cincy had us on the ropes twice late in the 4th. While our kicker was misfiring - theirs missed two close in game winners. Were we lucky? Who can say.

Their kicker missed 49 and 57 yard FGs. Our kicker missed 36, 40, and 51 yard FGs. All were basically game winning attempts, but we got lucky?

Our first miss would have iced the game and came before McPherson’s two attempts to win the hand. Our last two misses would have won it.

Edited by TheEagle

Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap -   Preston Smith has 5 sacks so far this 2021 season.

He needs 1 more to earn a $500,000 bonus and can earn a combined $4,400,000 if he somehow manages 9 more in the last 5 games.

6 sacks: $500,000
8 sacks: $1,250,000
10 sacks: $2,000,000
12 sacks: $3,200,000
14 sacks: $4,400,000

With Rasul Douglas being named NFC defensive player of the week, it's amazing the Packers have obtained 2 of their most important "non roster" defensive players from the Arizona Cardinals.   Douglas as a practice squad signing and Campbell as a free agent.  Nicely done Gute, nicely done. 

19 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

What about Jaire? Any update on him?

Nope, last I heard was that he was expected to be back for the home stretch.  He's been showing up at practice on the sidelines of late.  I would think he might get back on the practice field next Wednesday, but who knows.  Z is sounding like he is near a return.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Jaire, Z, Bak, and Myers all start to filter into practice soon.

Edited by {Family Ghost}