Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

And creates a gaping hole at OLB.

Desperate times .......

Plus I don't agree that it creates a gaping hole. I don't think this defense is as Edge centric as in the past. Put Gary on one side and find a budget guy for the other side to go along with what you already have. 

19 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Desperate times .......

Plus I don't agree that it creates a gaping hole. I don't think this defense is as Edge centric as in the past. Put Gary on one side and find a budget guy for the other side to go along with what you already have. 

Sure you can find bodies.  Just if you are extending Rodgers, creating holes elsewhere might not have a net positive result.

Going to be interesting to see what shakes out

33 minutes ago, squire12 said:

And creates a gaping hole at OLB.

7 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Sure you can find bodies.  Just if you are extending Rodgers, creating holes elsewhere might not have a net positive result.

Going to be interesting to see what shakes out

What would you rather have the 30 million go to  ... Rodgers or Smith with a bad back and Smith that's decent but replaceable with Gary?  I know where my 30 mil would go and it isn't Smiths. 

24 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

What would you rather have the 30 million go to  ... Rodgers or Smith with a bad back and Smith that's decent but replaceable with Gary?  I know where my 30 mil would go and it isn't Smiths. 

Depends on the next 2 months.  

12 minutes ago, HeresAGuy said:

There's really a discussion thats seriously questioning if we keep the smiths or aaron rodgers, this is real life?  Hell you could throw in three other significant players and the answer is still "you keep aaron rodgers"

Yep.  No doubt.  

• Like 1

Where’s Norm? I need his opinion of my opinion. 

2 Smiths or Rodgers? You have to be an IDIOT to choose anyone but Rodgers in that scenario. 

2 Smiths plus Love gives you 3 maybe 4 wins.

Rodgers and no Smiths probably still wins 10-13. Rodgers and 1 Smith is 9-2.

Once again your all idiots for even thinking about any other plan. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Siman08/OH said:

Where’s Norm? I need his opinion of my opinion. 

2 Smiths or Rodgers? You have to be an IDIOT to choose anyone but Rodgers in that scenario. 

2 Smiths plus Love gives you 3 maybe 4 wins.

Rodgers and no Smiths probably still wins 10-13. Rodgers and 1 Smith is 9-2.

Once again your all idiots for even thinking about any other plan. 

Just quit posting here? Wild you keep coming back to attack literally ALL the posters and then dip out when someone disagrees with you. Go work on the youtube channel.

Also... You're*

1 hour ago, HeresAGuy said:

There's really a discussion thats seriously questioning if we keep the smiths or aaron rodgers, this is real life?  Hell you could throw in three other significant players and the answer is still "you keep aaron rodgers"

I think after the past offseason and recent drama plus cap realities, people are entertaining the “what if” scenarios where 12 is not a Packer next season. He definitely won’t be under his current contract so speculation is fair game. Of course he will give us the best chance to win now but there will have to be a reckoning with the cap between he and Adams staying.

I’m not going too deep into the speculation and am hoping to just enjoy the ride of this season but I understand fans who are looking ahead to a very real possibility this team looks much different in the next one. 

Edited by Refugee

7 hours ago, Refugee said:

I think after the past offseason and recent drama plus cap realities, people are entertaining the “what if” scenarios where 12 is not a Packer next season. He definitely won’t be under his current contract so speculation is fair game. Of course he will give us the best chance to win now but there will have to be a reckoning with the cap between he and Adams staying.

I’m not going too deep into the speculation and am hoping to just enjoy the ride of this season but I understand fans who are looking ahead to a very real possibility this team looks much different in the next one. 

Speculation is fine .. ridiculous thoughts are head scratching.  Of course cap dollars will have to be moved around but nothing new there.  Should this team get most of their injured players back in the next few games it will be a massive boost.  Every game the Packers win with Rodgers looking good and enjoying it may very well lessen his "chance" of going anywhere else.   Regardless, I too will enjoy the ride for the rest of the year.