Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

On the Rodgers comment about Clark thinking he might get cut .....

Rodgers could have been more generic about that vs giving specific name of a player and year.  

" I recall a starter/ rotational player who had played a  couple years with the team ......"

17 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

He didn't really say anything scathing at least.

But I also don't think Florio is near the snake in terms of gb hatred that others do

44 minutes ago, Norm said:

He didn't really say anything scathing at least.

But I also don't think Florio is near the snake in terms of gb hatred that others do

He can’t go any lower than he did with Rodgers and that cancer patient several years back. Well, I shouldn’t underestimate him. I’m sure he will stoop even lower eventually. 

46 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Guess the debate over whether 12 was full of **** is over...

I don't think anyone thought he was full of ****? 

I personally didn't think it was a big deal after reading everything he said all together

3 hours ago, squire12 said:

On the Rodgers comment about Clark thinking he might get cut .....

Rodgers could have been more generic about that vs giving specific name of a player and year.  

" I recall a starter/ rotational player who had played a  couple years with the team ......"

As a first grade teacher I’d ask my students to tell me what happened and not who did it so I could be made aware without the dreaded “tattling”.

So a reformed tattler might let me know that “Someone threw a crayon at me.” I would thank the student for the input and promise an immediate review of expectations, leading the somewhat disappointed messenger to add, “…and it was Billy.”

Aww… so close to not tattling, dude. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

This might be the dumbest "story" I've ever seen debated here. Why Rodgers (or anyone) thought that some junior level scout accidentally thinking Kenny Clark was someone else for a minute or two is some type of organizational failure is remarkably stupid.

I'm pretty sure he's saying that low end interns shouldn't be the one calling you up to get cut. As if that's not what most teams do. Like is Gute supposed to come grab them himself lol and he still has to face them when it comes to it.

But somehow he linked it to them not being close enough to players. So I'm sure he just thought someone a bit higher up that knows the players sends them upstairs I guess IDK.

I still don't really care about it

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

This might be the dumbest "story" I've ever seen debated here. Why Rodgers (or anyone) thought that some junior level scout accidentally thinking Kenny Clark was someone else for a minute or two is some type of organizational failure is remarkably stupid.

I mean, I agree it's a stupid, non-story either way, but it's not a terribly professional look for an Org to make that mistake, intern or not. It's more funny than anything else...