Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I have to think that pick is going to be OL, Edge, DL or DB.  There isn't a WR or TE I want to spend that pick on.

I'm all on board with WR.  QJ or JSN.  JSN because he fits a slot need for Love.  QJ if we just want another large body on the outside and then use Watson in the slot more, which would be fine, too.

Either WR would work nicely for us, just in different ways.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

I'm all on board with WR.  QJ or JSN.  JSN because he fits a slot need for Love.  QJ if we just want another large body on the outside and then use Watson in the slot more, which would be fine, too.

Analysis of my past few "players I wanted" drafts has established I am a terrible GM, so it's possible you are on the right side of this.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Analysis of my past few "players I wanted" drafts has established I am a terrible GM, so it's possible you are on the right side of this.

Maybe, but probably not, LOL.  

I mean, I go back and forth.  I see defense as being strong in this class, especially the EDGE guys.  We've drafted defense first overall for so long, you know we are likely to do it again.

But...we really need more help at WR.  It would be nice to have another stud OT.  I'm hoping, really hoping, that Caleb or the Humper can play tackle.  I know Tom can.  I know Yosh can.

So I'd love a WR.  One that can work seamlessly with Doubs and Watson.  To me, that is JSN.  But, QJ has a pretty unique skillset...and the size that we covet.  

And I'm like this with those two Wr's...if QJ ran better routes and had better hands, he's a top 10 pick.  Man, he is just scary.  Size/speed/change of direction/tackle breaking.  

JSN is what he is.  And in a normal year, I'm guessing that is a mid 20's draft pick.  I just think he's a great compliment to Doubs and Watson as he's a chain mover in the slot.

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Qj and watson on the outside, doubs inside IMO

Anyone else massively disappointed in LaFluer's press conference? Seemed like the exact opposite of Gutey, like it was the direction he was being forced to take and he was mopey about it.

He dumped a bucket of cold water on my excitement for camp. The draft will get me back there, but damn Matt, get your head out of your ***.

• Like 1