Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

I just checked out the new guys that we signed.

WR Jadakis Bonds - Hampton

Packers have him listed at 6'3 and 206.  He was a TD machine for Hampton.  I like adding him to the mix.  He plays tall, but not blazingly fast.  Could be a good project.  I like him just as much as our other rookie projects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRsrsUL8ODg&ab_channel=DraftDiamonds

RB Emanuel Wilson - Fort Valley State

Another 5'10 220 RB.  Pretty similar mold to Lew Nichols, beefy, but not as big as AJ Dillon.  He was the first 1000 yard rusher at FVSU, and he had 1300 yards.  Also scored a ton of TDs.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlbdsAD2YvI&ab_channel=RMcElhaney

On 5/20/2023 at 8:32 PM, thrILL! said:

Yeah I don’t remember a single poster on here at the time clamoring for us to keep Hayward. Everyone was comfortable with letting him go bcuz of the injury problems.  

I’m glad he was able to turn it around in SD but this was never a move to be second guessed.  If we had  extended him and he continued to miss games due to injuries, GB fans would’ve been furious at Ted. 

As far as Micah, he was a good player for us but going to BUF was the best thing that happened to his career. 

I don't remember if I posted here about it, but I was very adament from day one letting Hayward go was a mistake. 

It was just head-scratching; he was a very good young homegrown player at a premium position, and Randall and Rollins weren't proven yet. 

Never made sense to me to let Hayward go, before or after the fact.

“The expectation shouldn’t be that Jordan Love’s OK,” Orlovsky said. “The expectation should be that Jordan Love doesn’t skip a beat to what the Packers have been.”

Note:  "What the Packers have been", last year, was an 8-9 losing team with a predictable offense, a mediocre passing game, and a mediocre running game.  Not skipping a beat sounds positive, but in a sense not skipping a mediocre beat may be less than what we'll need?  Need to pick up the beat and add some tempo and syncopation.  

11 minutes ago, craig said:

“The expectation shouldn’t be that Jordan Love’s OK,” Orlovsky said. “The expectation should be that Jordan Love doesn’t skip a beat to what the Packers have been.”

Note:  "What the Packers have been", last year, was an 8-9 losing team with a predictable offense, a mediocre passing game, and a mediocre running game.  Not skipping a beat sounds positive, but in a sense not skipping a mediocre beat may be less than what we'll need?  Need to pick up the beat and add some tempo and syncopation.  

The biggest thing is to see if the offense last year was more a product of the baggage Rodgers brings and being structured in what he wants to run.

Or if that structure is also a LaFluer issue too.

My hope is this offense will be “fresher” because it can be coach driven and love has to run the offense… more than the offense going thru a HOF QB filter.

Like Rodger didn’t really like motion. He never really used the middle of the field. Etc.

I think that alone will get this offense on track. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Leader said:

Sean Payton is overrated… he is basically Mike McCarthy.

And how is daboll, o’Connell, and Campbell ahead of LaFluer? I mean Campbell hasn’t even made it to the playoffs. And all of this can also apply to McDaniel.

Playing in those trenches really hurt Ross it seems.

4 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Sean Payton is overrated… he is basically Mike McCarthy.

And how is daboll, o’Connell, and Campbell ahead of LaFluer? I mean Campbell hasn’t even made it to the playoffs. And all of this can also apply to McDaniel.

Playing in those trenches really hurt Ross it seems.

Yeah, MLF seems kinda low....but I'm figuring he's suffering from the HOF QB malaise. The perception that none of the good things to happen in GB during his tenure are because of him.

5 hours ago, Leader said:

Yeah, MLF seems kinda low....but I'm figuring he's suffering from the HOF QB malaise. The perception that none of the good things to happen in GB during his tenure are because of him.

He's got a lot to prove.  The feeling is that it was Aaron's show.  MLF can change the narrative in a big way if Love becomes the real deal.  Big year for the Packers.  Time to prove the naysayers wrong. 

• Like 1