Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Green19 said:

I see Jason Wilde is in packer news again for being negative about GB not having Rodgers and moving on to Love….

with his homer interview.

He's such a goof. His entire premise is that twitter is not a good place for "nuance" but he takes everything every fan who is positive about Jordan Love as a statement that we think he will be "a packers hall of famer" 

Guy has really lost it, if he ever had it 

5 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

He's such a goof. His entire premise is that twitter is not a good place for "nuance" but he takes everything every fan who is positive about Jordan Love as a statement that we think he will be "a packers hall of famer" 

Guy has really lost it, if he ever had it 

Issue is he is crazy bias. He thinks any positive vibes with Love comes out of the fan base being annoyed or tired of Rodgers.

He had a hard time with people hating on Ted because Ted visited him in the hospital… he is just crazy bias in many takes and they are always emotional now. Rather near to tears or yelling that no one has evidence that Love will be anything.

I get he did a radio show with Rodgers for years and likely is close to the man…or was close. But take a look at both sides. He could suck or be great. He could just be ok… the issue is he clearly thinks Love will have a short time in GB.

which flys in the face of what Campbell has said and what Slay said. And I’m sorry I trust nfl defensive players more than Wilde.

Edited by Green19
  • Like 1

It’s the offseason, so I’m mostly just starving for some Packers news but I wish they would have put out the presser of Clements and to a lesser extent, Butkus. Those are the two position groups I’d like to get some insight on. Results will speak for themselves so anything said in May doesn’t mean a whole lot but I’d like to hear their perspective. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Refugee said:

It’s the offseason, so I’m mostly just starving for some Packers news but I wish they would have put out the presser of Clements and to a lesser extent, Butkus. Those are the two position groups I’d like to get some insight on. Results will speak for themselves so anything said in May doesn’t mean a whole lot but I’d like to hear their perspective. 

Agreed.  Plus they will know more about their players than any beat writer anywhere.

23 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Pretty low risk take. Watson already broke out. I think Doubs and Reed are far bigger mysteries than Watson. 

Disagree somewhat on this.  Watson's production was a pleasant addition to this team.  Many doubters had to eat a little crow on how things went for him last year.  Her take on Watson was indeed based on a very small sample size as it wasn't until mid season at best when Watson started to open eyes on what he could do.  Can he repeat?  I think he can and really hope Doubs, Reed and Toure along with the 2 new rookie tight ends take some of the mystery out of what they can do.  Nothing would make me happier than seeing Love along with all these other young guys show the doubters/nonbelievers they can "come out".       

20 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Disagree somewhat on this.  Watson's production was a pleasant addition to this team.  Many doubters had to eat a little crow on how things went for him last year.  Her take on Watson was indeed based on a very small sample size as it wasn't until mid season at best when Watson started to open eyes on what he could do.  Can he repeat?  I think he can and really hope Doubs, Reed and Toure along with the 2 new rookie tight ends take some of the mystery out of what they can do.  Nothing would make me happier than seeing Love along with all these other young guys show the doubters/nonbelievers they can "come out".       

You are exactly right that the doubters already ate crow. 

The thing about being productive because you are bigger and faster than the opponent is that you are likely to continue being bigger and faster than the opponent.