Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

29 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

My hope after the Bears win is that it finally means people can STFU about MLF being on any kind of hot seat after next season.   

The man will be here a long time and people can GTFO with any comments otherwise

If he keeps Barry going fwd, the seat will stay warm.  If he replaces him, that seat will be nice and cool.

54 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

My hope after the Bears win is that it finally means people can STFU about MLF being on any kind of hot seat after next season.     

Meh.  The same joker(s) calling for MLF's head this season will be doing the same every season.  It doesn't actually matter who is HC.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Niners, Texans, Dolphins at home should be competitive and fun.  Away schedule doesn’t look overly brutal.  Looking forward to it!

Yeah...at first blush, it feels survivable....but projecting next year's teams basis this year.....always problematic. If we can get the defense finalized and set in the right direction with a new/improved DC - and draft well - this offense can compete with anybody.

Edited by Leader
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Niners, Texans, Dolphins at home should be competitive and fun.  Away schedule doesn’t look overly brutal.  Looking forward to it!

At LA and Jacksonville could turn into home games. Hopefully they don't open the season down there when it's going to be the hottest.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Gute really turned the 45th pick into Reed, Wicks, and Brooks. Phew

They have to continue to grow and produce but all of those guys look like steals. Really we don’t even know what their ceilings might be but there are glimpses that all 3 could be starting caliber players and they have all been contributing way above expectations so far. 

*DET got Branch at 45 and TB Mauch at 48 just so we can keep the full comparison over the rookie contracts. I like our guys. 

Edited by Refugee

21 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

I will be looking forward to what PFR gives them for wAV scores after the season.  Not the perfect metric (it has Royce Newman equal to Josh Myers) but generally, good scores are pretty good indicators.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

I really feel like he is on the correct wave length that the Money ball Browns tried a few years ago. A lot of people were giving TT credit for guys like Sitton and Lang, which he deserves, but failed to realize it probably takes 5+ drafts to hit on that statistically speaking. If he did it all in one draft, we really can't be critical or overly enthused, because it's just a distribution of probabilities. You just need to keep taking the picks.

5 minutes ago, oldmansmell said:

I really feel like he is on the correct wave length that the Money ball Browns tried a few years ago. A lot of people were giving TT credit for guys like Sitton and Lang, which he deserves, but failed to realize it probably takes 5+ drafts to hit on that statistically speaking. If he did it all in one draft, we really can't be critical or overly enthused, because it's just a distribution of probabilities. You just need to keep taking the picks.

At some point you can have too many picks and obviously dilute the value it you trade back too often.  It really depends on how many holes you have to fill. This was a rebuild year and a cap strapped year so we needed plenty of young guys who would get opportunities to play and develop for better or for worse. We have an abundance of picks this year, as well. I remember last year Gutey saying they liked the strength of the draft in the mid rounds. We’ll see if they feel the same this year. I also won’t be upset if we set up an additional early round pick for 2025.  The draft being in GB means it would be a lot of fun to have a few extra swings at the plate. 

8 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

Gutes drafted Lew Nichols, major failure there. What was he thinking? Gutes gets an F, complete GM incompetence. 

#FireGutes 

10 hours ago, Leader said:

Circle the 49ers at home and the Seahawks away. I'd very much like to see the Packers win those games - the 49ers because we have a lot of trouble beating them and the Seahawks because, well, they ARE the Seahawks......

I'd rather enjoy being able to see some film of the Packers against Lawrence and the Jags, too.

Shame the Eagles game is away, Philly is a nasty, unpleasant place for away fans "On the whole, I'd rather NOT be in Philadelphia"

Edited by OneTwoSixFive