Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

Yeah, he's simply not the same player today that he was as a rookie.  Unfortunate part of the game.  Stokes is looking like a promising player who had his career derailed by injuries.

If only receivers just ran 9 routes every play. Stokes would be an all pro. He just loses too much speed changing directions now.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

This was true until the ARI game, where he played exclusively outside.

Nixon was outside against Rams two weeks ago, when Jaire was out.  So it's been a couple of weeks. 

Kind of awesome to have **completely** flipped the 3 safety-safety-slot positions from last year, and to love what we're seeing from all three of Williams-Bullard-McKinney.  

Plus with Cooper usage going up, it seems like the middle of the field is a different world.  Having Bullard-Williams-Cooper all being most-of-the-time players, and looking good, that's pretty awesome for rookies who aren't first rounders.   

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Even if he's active, I'd expect GB to give Wicks a light workload with the rest of the group healthy.

Yeah, even if he's 100%, I'm not sure why he'd get many snaps ahead of Reed-Doubs-Watson anyway?  We've rarely (if ever?) had all four of those guys healthy at the same time.  Hope he's healthy soon, and that however the snaps and targets get distributed, that it all works!   

16 hours ago, craig said:

Yeah, even if he's 100%, I'm not sure why he'd get many snaps ahead of Reed-Doubs-Watson anyway?  We've rarely (if ever?) had all four of those guys healthy at the same time.  Hope he's healthy soon, and that however the snaps and targets get distributed, that it all works!   

Seems to me Wicks is suffering from the dreaded sophmore slump.  I'd put him behind Melton as #5 the way he's been playing this year.  Let him rest up and get his head straight.  Reed, Watson, Doubs, Melton, and Wicks.  Boy needs to step up his game. 

23 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Seems to me Wicks is suffering from the dreaded sophmore slump.  I'd put him behind Melton as #5 the way he's been playing this year.  Let him rest up and get his head straight.  Reed, Watson, Doubs, Melton, and Wicks.  Boy needs to step up his game. 

Not sure I'd go that far but not much difference between #4 and #5 wr.  Wicks has shown how good he can be (I guess all of them has done that) but has certainly dropped the ball way more than he should have.  

1 hour ago, Scoremore said:

No chance he's behind Melton, the guy who fell down and caused an INT. I know it can happen to anybody. Just like a few drops can happen to anybody.

Wicks is better than Melton. Wicks led the league in separation per route last year. His route running is elite. Melton is a plus JAG.