Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Biegel and Fackrell  are not bad back up options.  Fackrell gets bagged on a lot but I think he's ok.  He can bend and get around the edge.  Improvement from within does happen.  Think both of these guys will jump this year.  I don't think Fackrell sucks Biegel is an incomplete.  Both guys have the tools to be good players.  Our pass rush was horrid last year but think it will improve even if we don't draft an edge up high.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ArthurPensky said:

One play obviously, but thats vs a 2nd team all pro OT too. Would be huge if he could make a healthy second year jump

Am I being super picky if I say I don't think that was a great spin move as much as a poor play by the Tackle ? The inside really wasn't threatened (as a matter of fact that may have been the better path) and the spin seemed telegraphed or pre-meditated. It worked so you can't take that away from Biegel, but I'm not wowed by it. Then again who am I

Edited by cannondale
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Am I being super picky if I say I don't think that was a great spin move as much as a poor play by the Tackle ? The inside really wasn't threatened (as a matter of fact that may have been the better path) and the spin seemed telegraphed or pre-meditated. It worked so you can't take that away from Biegel, but I'm not wowed by it. Then again who am I

I'm guessing he got caught offguard by the spinmove which made it more effective. Aren't all moves really telegraphed? You gotta have some sort of plan of what you're gonna do before a play.

Edited by Gopackgonerd

5 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Biegel and Fackrell  are not bad back up options.  Fackrell gets bagged on a lot but I think he's ok.  He can bend and get around the edge.  Improvement from within does happen.  Think both of these guys will jump this year.  I don't think Fackrell sucks Biegel is an incomplete.  Both guys have the tools to be good players.  Our pass rush was horrid last year but think it will improve even if we don't draft an edge up high.

It is not only possible, but probable that Pettine gets more out of Fack than Capers ever dreamed of.  Funny how people jump on him when we see proof (Hyde, Hayward) of how bad Capers and company were at utilizing people's strengths.  I believe Palmy even spoke glowingly of Fack's smooth hips.  He might see time as nickle LB.  Biegle will be fine.  He's all ballplayer.

21 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

It is not only possible, but probable that Pettine gets more out of Fack than Capers ever dreamed of.  Funny how people jump on him when we see proof (Hyde, Hayward) of how bad Capers and company were at utilizing people's strengths.  I believe Palmy even spoke glowingly of Fack's smooth hips.  He might see time as nickle LB.  Biegle will be fine.  He's all ballplayer.

Hyde is exactly who we thought he was. A better safety then corner who is not as good as HaHa or Burnett. Literally no reason to keep him here under that contract. 

As for Fackrell, I doubt he amounts to anything. Rushing the passer is basically the same in every defense (minus slight alignment and technique differences). Unless you are going to move him inside (which Capers did) he just hasn't shown any ability to beat the guy across from him. Doubt that changes. 

5 minutes ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

Hyde is exactly who we thought he was. A better safety then corner who is not as good as HaHa or Burnett. Literally no reason to keep him here under that contract. 

As for Fackrell, I doubt he amounts to anything. Rushing the passer is basically the same in every defense (minus slight alignment and technique differences). Unless you are going to move him inside (which Capers did) he just hasn't shown any ability to beat the guy across from him. Doubt that changes. 

Never said we should keep Hyde. Jesus, do people ever READ the posts or are folks' responses so canned that they assume ALL THE TIME?

What I said was how bad Capers and company were at utilizing people's strengths. Didn't compare Hyde or Hayward to ANYONE.  Didn't say we should've kept him.

I hope our defense is better if only because of our DC having a better idea how to use the people we have.

• Like 2

Just now, Dubz41 said:

Never said we should keep Hyde. Jesus, do people ever READ the posts or are folks' responses so canned that they assume ALL THE TIME?

What I said was how bad Capers and company were at utilizing people's strengths. Didn't compare Hyde or Hayward to ANYONE.  Didn't say we should've kept him.

I hope our defense is better if only because of our DC having a better idea how to use the people we have.

How were we not utilizing his strengths though? 

He played safety a fair amount here too. Just didn't get the playing time because he was not good enough