Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

22 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Or just their ticket holders who want to come back.

That’s not going to happen unless they’re vaccinated for some time. And definitely not on a large/full scale until 2021. They’re not gonna risk an outbreak from one of their games.

how would you even decide which ticket holders get to come back? Allow the 70-80 year olds then some get it and die? Not worth the potential PR blowback.

the only group of people You can ensure will be vaccinated for weeks beforehand and likely immune will be healthcare workers who are getting it now. 

Edited by Arthur Penske

9 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

That’s not going to happen unless they’re vaccinated for some time. And definitely not on a large/full scale until 2021. They’re not gonna risk an outbreak from one of their games.

how would you even decide which ticket holders get to come back? Allow the 70-80 year olds then some get it and die? Not worth the potential PR blowback.

the only group of people You can ensure will be vaccinated for weeks beforehand and likely immune will be healthcare workers who are getting it now. 

There's been over a million fans in attendance of NFL games they've announced and 0 issues traced back to them. 7500 in a stadium that size is a hell of a lot safer than your Menards or Pick N Save you go to every week.

We (ticket holders) opted in or out at the start of the season, I read somewhere only like 12000 fans opted in. Give 6k the chance to buy Divisional round and the other 6k the NFCCG. Boom, done.

League should make some money off the playoffs.

23 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

There's been over a million fans in attendance of NFL games they've announced and 0 issues traced back to them. 7500 in a stadium that size is a hell of a lot safer than your Menards or Pick N Save you go to every week.

We (ticket holders) opted in or out at the start of the season, I read somewhere only like 12000 fans opted in. Give 6k the chance to buy Divisional round and the other 6k the NFCCG. Boom, done.

That's What She Said: Energy News for the Week of August 2 in GIFs from The  Office | Chester Energy and Policy

To my knowledge, they haven't reported a single documented case of a fan getting/passing COVID at an NFL game. And had it occurred, you know the media would be all over it. There literally is no reasonable argument for why the Packers can't have around 5,000 people in a stadium that fits 80,000. 

• Like 1

I don't have an issue with allowing a small number of fans, like the Bills are. The NFL needs to do something about it for competitive integrity - we can't have KC allowing like 20k fans and others 6k and us much less. 

Spread them out over the whole stadium and put people in groups if possible, then <10% capacity will look sparse. 

41 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm not saying that's my opinion. I'm saying thinking of it from a organizational risk perspective, I don't see GB going that route. 

But I wasn't aware only that amount opted in. That could have an impact.

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

I saw he previously said he didn't want to go the waiver route... I wonder if that matters to him with GB being a top contender. 

Well, if they get him here and cut him right away, that'll tell the tail. If a chance at a title can't motivate you when you signed for no money, then the man is only in it for the little paycheck he got.