Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 minutes ago, R T said:

He is a train wreak. Elway drafted him because Jim Kelly vouched for him and that blew up on Elway. 

Chad Kelly arrested: Broncos backup QB taken in after allegedly entering strangers' home, sitting on couch and mumbling incoherently (denverpost.com)

Christ, who amongst us hasn't done that in the past year?

Hell, I'll bet @Norm did it this past weekend!

• Like 4

You're Gute......

It's been determined to unload AR to DEN and part of the return is WR Jeudy.

Before you agree to the trade - do you think to yourself: "Wait a minute.... I got into this situation because of my communication skills...." - and as a consequence, you call and tell Adams of the pending transaction.

Or - you dont worry about your communication skills and just okay the trade?

What would you do?

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

You're Gute......

Before you agree to the trade - do you think to yourself: "Wait a minute.... I got into this situation because of my communication skills...." - and as a consequence, you call and tell Adams of the pending transaction.

What would you do?

Adams still plays 100% of snaps with Jeudy on the team, so no I don't worry about it.

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Adams still plays 100% of snaps with Jeudy on the team, so no I don't worry about it.

So you dont advise him in advance.
What makes you think he wont get bent outta shape and demand an extension with guarantees?  The fact AR just left town?

Edited by Leader

9 minutes ago, Leader said:

So you dont advise him in advance.
What makes you think he wont get bent outta shape and demand an extension with guarantees?  The fact AR just left town?

You play 2-4 WRs per snap and 1 QB. The situation is not comparable within the context of the game. Jordan Love and Aaron Rodgers cannot play at the same time. Adams and Jeudy can.

26 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Christ, who amongst us hasn't done that in the past year?

Hell, I'll bet @Norm did it this past weekend!

This happened after leaving Von Miller's Halloween party.  I'm sure Von puts out a great spread of charcuterie, cheeses and various other edibles.  Kind of crazy to bring this guy in but I guess he's been with the Colts the past few seasons.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2021 at 5:36 PM, Green19 said:

I understand that... I’m just doing a trimmed mean (statistics). Let’s say if Brady had won 3 or even 4 titles, that’s not that much of a difference from the others that you can make the argument for keeping him as part of the data set.

My point is you’re looking at HOF QBs and their worth... you shouldn’t use the most successful because he is an outlier and will balloon your results. A more accurate data set would be looking at the rest.

Tom Brady should be measured around the other outliers of their eras, Montana, Bradshaw, etc.

Thats part of the issue why fans and media types are crazy claiming teams have “wasted” insert QB name here. Because they treat the outlier as the standard.

There isn't a big enough sample sizes to do any real statistical samples.

Not really talking about whether Rodgers is wasted, its more the should you pay hall of fame QBs seeing as Output claims that its better to let them walk and rely on rookie contracts.

The facts are hall of fame QBs with more games and if you don't remove anyone, win more titles. If Brady is an outlier, can we say any QB that wins a super bowl in their rookie contract is an outlier.  What percentage of QBs that start during their rookie contract win a super bowl ?

1 hour ago, Leader said:

You're Gute......

What would you do?

Make the trade