Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Just now, Rainmaker90 said:

The point is , there are ways to work around it. 

Yes, tons. And those options diminish immensely the older the player is you are negotiating with. Unless you're willing to do a full on Peyton Manning Denver Broncos and go for it for 2-3 years and take the ramifications for the next 5. Packers won't.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Matt Schneidman -   Can confirm report that Packers and Davante Adams' camp have cut off extension talks. I'm told Packers don't want to recognize DeAndre Hopkins' deal when considering Adams'. Hopkins makes $5.25 mil more/year than any WR. Doesn't seem GB wants to make Adams highest paid.

As they shouldn't.  Hopkins took a short term deal with a high AAV in order to secure Hopkins.  If Adams wants that high AAV, he's going to have to take a short term deal.  You're not getting a high AAV AND a long term deal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I swear some of you guys just like the process of creating a good team just to tear it down and do it again. 

I swear some of you have no understanding of how salary caps function.  This isn't Madden where you can turn the salary cap off.

30 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

You must have reading comprehension problems.  When I said ‘anyone else on this forum’ that includes me as well. 

What? Wait! When I read your comment I thought it pertained to you solely....in other words, didnt include me :)

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

You or anyone else on this forum does not have a strong understanding of the cap and it’s workings. Look at what KC is doing for crying out loud. 

Despite your opinion otherwise, I have a pretty solid working knowledge of the NFL salary cap.  Let's put this into perspective, the Chiefs Big 3 offensively of Patrick Mahomes, Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill have a combined cap hit of just under $31M this year.  In just 2 years, the Chiefs will have Patrick Mahomes and Travis Kelce alone with a cap hit of $61.4M which is almost double what it is this year.  Let's compare that to Green Bay who is currently got Aaron Rodgers, Aaron Jones, and Davante Adams for a COMBINED $58.4M.  In 2 years, the Packers will have $47.6M combined between Aaron Jones and Aaron Rodgers.  The Chiefs' salary cap structure is akin to the Packers salary cap structure about 2 years ago.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Despite your opinion otherwise, I have a pretty solid working knowledge of the NFL salary cap.  Let's put this into perspective, the Chiefs Big 3 offensively of Patrick Mahomes, Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill have a combined cap hit of just under $31M this year.  In just 2 years, the Chiefs will have Patrick Mahomes and Travis Kelce alone with a cap hit of $61.4M which is almost double what it is this year.  Let's compare that to Green Bay who is currently got Aaron Rodgers, Aaron Jones, and Davante Adams for a COMBINED $58.4M.  In 2 years, the Packers will have $47.6M combined between Aaron Jones and Aaron Rodgers.  The Chiefs' salary cap structure is akin to the Packers salary cap structure about 2 years ago.

Do you believe you have the knowledge on or near the level of Russ Ball?

3 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Do you believe you have the knowledge on or near the level of Russ Ball?

That's neither here nor there.  And that logical fallacy is as bad as the "you're not getting paid to do it, so your evaluation is no good" argument.  But back to your point, either you think that Ball is derelict of his duties or you're trying to compare apples to oranges.  Which is it?

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

That's neither here nor there.  And that logical fallacy is as bad as the "you're not getting paid to do it, so your evaluation is no good" argument.  But back to your point, either you think that Ball is derelict of his duties or you're trying to compare apples to oranges.  Which is it?

Why can’t you say that you don’t ?? 

You used my argument against me. You’re right, I don’t have the comprehensive knowledge of the cap. I don’t have the inside knowledge on all the different roads to pay people and stay under the cap.  You don’t either. 

Andy Herman -   The Packers have GOT to stop drafting the top players at their respective positions. It’s creating far too many contract disputes. You don’t see the Bears having to find money for their crappy draft picks.

:)