NFL News & Notes

Leader

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

FredEx-Always Delivers

What a ******* scrub.

Kill me

That actually made me less pissed lol

Before your time I think but the TO catch is still the one that gives me PTSD. I kept waiting for the ball to drop like when a basketball gets stuck in between the rim and backboard lol. 

Edited by Norm

It's amazing how quickly the open HC positions are being filled up. Seems like many of the teams are not willing to wait to hire a HC candidate who's team is still in the playoffs.

Kris Richard, Brian Flores, Eric Bieniemy, Jim Schwartz, Zac Taylor, Dan Campbell, Matt Eberflus, Dave Toub are all still out there.

The early surprise hiring of LaFleur set off a series of panic hires by other NFL teams, presumably they were worried that if they did not move quickly they might lose their opportunity to build a good coaching staff.

I could've sworn in previous years that many teams typically begin to make their hires after the playoff divisional round, especially after going through second interviews. This year teams seems to have thrown that out of the window. Why are NFL teams so impatient this year? Is it the Donald Trump effect? the instant short term gratification of the twitter generation?

Good playoff teams tend to have good coaches so patience is the best move an NFL teams can make. These same coaches can raid their successful team to help build their own staff.

3 minutes ago, Chili said:

It's amazing how quickly the open HC positions are being filled up. Seems like many of the teams are not willing to wait to hire a HC candidate who's team is still in the playoffs.

Kris Richard, Brian Flores, Eric Bieniemy, Jim Schwartz, Zac Taylor, Dan Campbell, Matt Eberflus, Dave Toub are all still out there.

The early surprise hiring of LaFleur set off a series of panic hires by other NFL teams, presumably they were worried that if they did not move quickly they might lose their opportunity to build a good coaching staff.

I could've sworn in previous years that many teams typically begin to make their hires after the playoff divisional round, especially after going through second interviews. This year teams seems to have thrown that out of the window. Why are NFL teams so impatient this year? Is it the Donald Trump effect? the instant short term gratification of the twitter generation?

Good playoff teams tend to have good coaches so patience is the best move an NFL teams can make. These same coaches can raid their successful team to help build their own staff.

I have no idea if what's typical here. Mac got hired around the same time I think

Edit: is it atypical. ******* phone

Edited by Norm

7 minutes ago, Norm said:

That actually made me less pissed lol

Before your time I think but the TO catch is still the one that gives me PTSD. I kept waiting for the ball to drop like when a basketball gets stuck in between the rim and backboard lol. 

I thought the TO catch was unbelievable. Catches like that are why I try to watch every game every week. Some more than once. You never know what you will see. It sucked yes but it was amazing for the ball to get to him and then just as amazing he was able to hold on to it.

9 minutes ago, Reaper said:

I thought the TO catch was unbelievable. Catches like that are why I try to watch every game every week. Some more than once. You never know what you will see. It sucked yes but it was amazing for the ball to get to him and then just as amazing he was able to hold on to it.

I refuse to watch it again but I still picture like 3 guys at once, you would have guessed he would have broke in half. And he had bad drops just that game. And it was....it sucked lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, YaddaHolla said:

Gase to NYJ

Well Jets just went with Gase for HC, basically rejecting MM. The only team who interviewed him.

Just like with Mike Sherman, nobody wants our fired coaches lol.

MM with all that success will likely sit out the season and maybe some bottom cellar franchise calls him next year.