Leader

NFL News & Notes

9 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Think about the one and only thing that truly matters to The NFL ( 31.5 owners) and that's money.
And money is why the League has resisted this developmental effort for decades. The NFL has a carefully crafted image and a monopoly on pro football in the US. They have also set the bar pretty high in terms of "quality" and we hear Roger whining about with regards to preseason - "it doesn't meet our high standards"

The last thing they want is for fans to realize that there are other leagues, or that cheaper games, jerseys and hot dogs are available. It also takes some of the anticipation away from the upcoming season, competes with the offseason activities and may potentially impact our obsession with the draft and free agency.

I'm not agreeing with that stance, but that's why they've stayed away from anything and everything they cannot completely control for their own monetary benefit.

They showed these games on NFL Network and had their contracted employees as announcers and analysts. It's clear the league views the XFL as competition, but it's also clear they don't view the AAF the same.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

They showed these games on NFL Network

Indeed -  and I was kinda surprised by that.
NFL network is starved for content at this time of the year, but clearly they are working together and not in opposition as you noted.

37 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I agree with this. Did anyone actually try one of these this week? I watched one game each day, but I'll be honest I was doing other things while they were on too and didn't see it. 

The overtime rule is basically the NHL doing only a shootout with no OT. I don't like it. I understand that their goal is to keep games shorter, but I would much prefer an overtime period with both teams having a chance to score. If neither team scores or if they tie in the OT period, then do the 1 possession from the 10 yard line. But again that won't happen, because time. 

I had only skimmed through the rules and I realize now that I didn't understand overtime correctly. Yeah, just one possession for 10 yards is way too short, though the added 2 point conversion adds some extra difficulty. I'd probably prefer one longer possession for each team, maybe even breaking the tie based on yards gained if no team scores. We'll see how it goes.

Kareem Hunt to CLE.

Edited by Leader

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Kareem Hunt to CLE.

Saw that. Not surprised. That's a Dorsey move all the way. Hunt was his guy. Good move for Cleveland. Glad he's not going to the NFC. 

My friend’s father is the presiding judge over Kareem’s father’s current criminal case for selling crack.  Hunt Sr has 59 criminal felonies, misdemeanors and violations in that Cleveland suburb alone.  Kinda explains the troubles that Jr has altho it certainly doesn’t excuse it. 

8 hours ago, JBURGE said:

I think I'm between Orlando

can catch me at every apollo home game

15 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

My friend’s father is the presiding judge over Kareem’s father’s current criminal case for selling crack.  Hunt Sr has 59 criminal felonies, misdemeanors and violations in that Cleveland suburb alone.  Kinda explains the troubles that Jr has altho it certainly doesn’t excuse it. 

I work in the city he was arrested in, dudes not a good person, whatsoever.

I hope Hunt can figure it out, he’s an exciting player and has the opportunity to change his life for good.

50 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

wouldn't be mad if we moved a 5th for duke johnson 

Nor would I be. Would be an excellent get imho.

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Saw that. Not surprised. That's a Dorsey move all the way. Hunt was his guy. Good move for Cleveland. Glad he's not going to the NFC. 

The NFC I could handle. It was rumored and has been reported that KC moves so quickly because CHI was hot on his tail. Didnt need him in the NFCN thats for sure.

2 hours ago, FinneasGage said:
10 hours ago, JBURGE said:

I think I'm between Orlando

can catch me at every apollo home game

Good enough reason to not be an Apollo fan

20 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

wow ouch 

@CWood21 do something 

Here's a pool noodle...have fun.