NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Leader said:

He played last year at 228.

Not the brightest idea by Tampa Bay to give a 3-year deal to a guy with a history of motivational short comings. The Buc's gave him 9M in guaranteed money and he gave the Buc's the middle finger. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, R T said:

Not the brightest idea by Tampa Bay to give a 3-year deal to a guy with a history of motivational short comings. The Buc's gave him 9M in guaranteed money and he gave the Buc's the middle finger. 

Bucs also drafted a RB in round 3, didn't they?

But yah, Fournette has had issues with being motivated before.  Maybe he sheds it and is fine.  Maybe not.  It will be interesting to follow.

On 7/18/2022 at 6:48 PM, PossibleCabbage said:

This is a desperate attempt to get people to stop calling the stadium by its former name and start using the name some rich asshat(s) paid a bunch of money for.  We should not comply.  it's Mile High Stadium, it's the Staples Center, it's Heinz Field.  Nobody ever said "Mall of America Field at Metrodome" without sounding like a complete tool.

Mile High was classic.  Staples and Heinz are still corpcrap especially compared to the Forum or Three Rivers. Even Miller Park was worse than County but at least had a local connection.

I guess it’s worth if for those corporations to get their name out there every time the game gets introduced, but I have never been more likey to buy any of those products more than before and in general,would want to buy them less if they displaced the historic name of a stadium. 

Edited by Refugee
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I think Heinz gets to stay because "Acrisure" is not a tangible thing where people know what it is.  Heinz at least sounds like a person's name (since it was Henry J. Heinz's name, when he started the company.)

Tell that to Fiserv. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I think Rodgers is playing two years and Love gets moved after this year. 

I also think Lamar is going to ask for 50+ now too. 

Lamar will be highest paid for a second. Or he wont be a Raven and then he'll be highest paid til the next QB

8 hours ago, Old Guy said:

LOL! I love what these mediocre quarterbacks are getting. 

With quarterbacks it's always been "pay the going rate" or "let the guy walk".  The trick is you have to realize that average quarterbacks are a false economy, so you need to figure out whether your guy falls on that spectrum.  So far teams haven't really let "starting calibre QBs" walk out the door.