NFL News & Notes

Leader

8 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Yeah, we don't imprison people in this country over a claim that is 'close to true!' It's beyond a reasonable doubt. Antonio Brown, scumbag that he is, deserves that same standard. 

I read he complaint. There are some texts about a few things. He is clearly a looser from that stuff. With that said she kept going back that doesn’t mean she deserves that if it happened. Either way his behaviour in the complaint that he notes in the texts shows an absolutely classless dude. When will the NFL learn. Talent trumps everything. 

Just now, PACKRULE said:

I read he complaint. There are some texts about a few things. He is clearly a looser from that stuff. With that said she kept going back that doesn’t mean she deserves that if it happened. Either way his behaviour in the complaint that he notes in the texts shows an absolutely classless dude. When will the NFL learn. Talent trumps everything. 

Again, this is a civil filing, not criminal, and she's asking for 75K? What is wrong with this picture? For 75K Brown should have paid, gotten a NDA and move on. He'll get fined more than that this year and it's chump change for him. 

Am I missing something because if raped, she should be asking for a whole lot more and if she has text as an admission, it should be a criminal deal. 

9 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Yeah, we don't imprison people in this country over a claim that is 'close to true!' It's beyond a reasonable doubt. Antonio Brown, scumbag that he is, deserves that same standard. 

Yes he does.  Doesn't sound good though.  Consent is difficult to prove one way or the other.  He said/she said type deal.  Regardless of the outcome it looks bad really really bad.  Can you imagine if this happened in GB?  How would you feel as a fan?  NE just got what was coming to them oh and it took all of one day.  Priceless.  Character does matter.  Sure all of the NE players will hear about this story.  Guy hasn't even practiced with the team yet.  Off to a real fine start.  There is going to be some real ugly press heading NE's way.  You can say they don't deserve it well I think they do!  After the antics he pulled in Oak he should have been black balled from the league.  It's poetic justice.

Just now, Golfman said:

He's literally guilty of being a Patriot and that's enough for me. 

• Like 1

Sam Fricken signed with the NYJs today. What I didnt realize until a few moments ago is he replaced the guy MN traded for then cut  -  who's had a rough 2019 career-wise.....

"The Jets signed Ficken to be their new kicker Tuesday and bounced Kaare Vedvik, who missed a 45-yard field goal and an extra point in Sunday’s 17-16 loss to the Bills"

2 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Yes he does.  Doesn't sound good though.  Consent is difficult to prove one way or the other.  He said/she said type deal.  Regardless of the outcome it looks bad really really bad.  Can you imagine if this happened in GB?  How would you feel as a fan?  NE just got what was coming to them oh and it took all of one day.  Priceless.  Character does matter.  Sure all of the NE players will hear about this story.  Guy hasn't even practiced with the team yet.  Off to a real fine start.  There is going to be some real ugly press heading NE's way.  You can say they don't deserve it well I think they do!  After the antics he pulled in Oak he should have been black balled from the league.  It's poetic justice.

Scoremore,

It's a civil complaint, not criminal. Innocent until proven guilty in my opinion. This isn't a Mossy Cade rapes his aunt deal here. I know we live in the 'me too' movement, funny they don't know most people think # is a pound sign, but not sure what repercussions come of it for Brown. 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

He's literally guilty of being a Patriot and that's enough for me. 

I can't stand them either and if they had to walk away from him and he gets to keep the 9 million in salary cap, bravo! Can't get on board with throwing someone in jail over 'close enough' sort of stuff. 

Just now, Golfman said:

Scoremore,

It's a civil complaint, not criminal. Innocent until proven guilty in my opinion. This isn't a Mossy Cade rapes his aunt deal here. I know we live in the 'me too' movement, funny they don't know most people think # is a pound sign, but not sure what repercussions come of it for Brown. 

I don't think he's accusing him of anything other than being a less than ideal human being at this point. NE is going to have to deal with endless questioning while this floats over head too.

Let's keep football a part of the discussion, we're not going to go down this route.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Again, this is a civil filing, not criminal, and she's asking for 75K? What is wrong with this picture? For 75K Brown should have paid, gotten a NDA and move on. He'll get fined more than that this year and it's chump change for him. 

Am I missing something because if raped, she should be asking for a whole lot more and if she has text as an admission, it should be a criminal deal. 

Odd indeed. Wow. 

On a side note, how does Drew Rosenhaus continue to represent this clown. You talk about a guy with no dignity or shame in his game. He's a co-conspirator in Brown getting the Raiders to release him IMO. 

Hope the NFL looks into his part in this and possibly suspends for a while. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

NE has put character concerns on the backseat before. That is my take on them they put winning first. You reap what you sow.  

• Like 1