Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

12 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

Seems like it wasn't long ago that people were question the coaching staff

They've beaten one, maybe two, good teams. The coaches are probably doing well, but it's hard to tell, imo. We'll find out more in the next couple months about how good they really are. But, on the plus side, they've beaten those bad teams, which is an improvement.

They’ve dismantled their opponents. These aren’t one score games against inferior competition, or losses to inferior competition like we saw so much from previous coaches. 

You can only play who’s on your schedule, and the Gophers average margin of victory over the past 4 weeks in nearly 32 points. This coaching staff has done a wonderful job. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

They’ve dismantled their opponents. These aren’t one score games against inferior competition, or losses to inferior competition like we saw so much from previous coaches. 

You can only play who’s on your schedule, and the Gophers average margin of victory over the past 4 weeks in nearly 32 points. This coaching staff has done a wonderful job. 

While I agree about only playing who is on your schedule, and also agree that they've turned it on the last 4 weeks, the first 4 games were quite bad. 

36 minutes ago, Worm Guts said:

Yeah, I don’t think the Gophers have beaten a single good team, maybe not even a single decent team. They have at least gone from barely beating those teams to crushing them.

And that's all you can ask.  Early season games are always going to be sketchy, because of the lack of preseason games, so I don't put much stock into those games, but at least they came out of them unscathed.  And these 4 teams that they beat this year, dismantled them last year, so I think we should put that into perspective.  Obviously, we're going to know a lot more about who they are these next 4 weeks, but I certainly do think they are going to be extremely competitive against the Nittany Lions this go-around...whether they win or not  is a whole other story.  But, if they do, just imagine what will happen nationally.  That's going to be very good for recruiting.  And obviously, in order to keep Fleck around, they're going to have to give him a much larger paycheck.   

• Like 1