So.... the Super Bowl. Are you more or less excited about this matchup?

CKS97

1 minute ago, Starless said:

Yeah, none of these seem particularly noteworthy to me, honestly. The Halas and Lombardi thing is nice but those guys did most of their winning when there were 10-14 teams in the league. 

Well then I don't no what your barometer for noteworthy is then....

-The Eagles going for something we've seen 4 other teams try for in the last 10 year. 

Or

-The Patriots coach winning more championships than any other coach in the 98 year history of the sport, the Patriots QB winning more SB's than any player in the 52 year history of the Super Bowl era, or the franchise tying a record for most championships in the Super Bowl era. 

Like those if they win this game those specific things I mentioned are going to be the first thing people mention when they going into the HOF (Brady more Super Bowls than any player ever, Belichick more championships than any coach ever, during their tenure they tied the record for most overall Super Bowls by a franchise). 

Not for nothing, but some of the things you mentioned by comparison were so subjective and meaningless in the grander scheme of things compared to that. Like nobody's going to say "XLIX erased questions about Spygate" or "38 validated the first championship". Those almost mean nothing in the context of history. The things I mentioned are like things that when you talk about the coach, the QB, and the team it is a historical record that separates them from other legends.

1 minute ago, Plat2 said:

Sort of...would have been more excited if Wentz was healthy. I think the Pats are gonna win their 6th comfortably...I wanna see some new blood next year though lol.

Keep doubting. The Falcons and the Vikings were also supposed to win, yet here the Eagles are.....

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

Keep doubting. The Falcons and the Vikings were also supposed to win, yet here the Eagles are.....

Dont get me wrong though I WANT the Eagles to win and I think it would have been 50/50 if Wentz was healthy...I just dont trust Foles against BB. I think the defense will somewhat make it tough for Brady.

1 minute ago, Plat2 said:

Dont get me wrong though I WANT the Eagles to win and I think it would have been 50/50 if Wentz was healthy...I just dont trust Foles against BB. I think the defense will somewhat make it tough for Brady.

I trust Doug Pederson against BB. I'm not saying he is better by any means, but he isn't going to melt under pressure and is going to be aggressive and creative. If we have learned nothing from the last couple Super Bowls and last week, that you can't hope not to lose to the Patriots. You have to punch them in the mouth and keep aggressive. Doug has that mindset and has been that way all season. If the Foles shows up from the NFC Championship game, I can't see how you say the "Patriots win comfortably" They Patriots could very well win, but it is going to be a fight.

6 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

More entertaining is a stretch? Two Teams you didn't hate Thai, absolutely. This is like the SB version of the latest Presidential Election for some, I get it.

Don't necessarily agree but I understand the Bias for "some". 

Yeah, don't get me wrong. Some of my dearest friends are Eagles fans and I will be happy for them if they win. And truth be told, I'd rather see you guys get your first than watch the endless slob-fest over Brady and the passive-aggressive trolling and condescension by Pats nation (almost all Pats fans here excepted) for another year.

Its just it would've been more entertaining because I could've cheered and rooted for both teams and been ok with either winning. This one is gonna make me take a shower after each quarter after feeling dirty.

3 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I trust Doug Pederson against BB. I'm not saying he is better by any means, but he isn't going to melt under pressure and is going to be aggressive and creative. If we have learned nothing from the last couple Super Bowls and last week, that you can't hope not to lose to the Patriots. You have to punch them in the mouth and keep aggressive. Doug has that mindset and has been that way all season. If the Foles shows up from the NFC Championship game, I can't see how you say the "Patriots win comfortably" They Patriots could very well win, but it is going to be a fight.

Not saying that’s the wrong approach which is to be aggressive. But Atlanta were an aggressive team last year and that offense was historically great, yet we still found a way to be critical of them when they played “to win” in the SB.

34 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Not saying that’s the wrong approach which is to be aggressive. But Atlanta were an aggressive team last year and that offense was historically great, yet we still found a way to be critical of them when they played “to win” in the SB.

Playing aggressive not equal to abandoning the run with a lead

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

NE completely shut down Atlanta's run game after they had only one substantial rush, which just happened to be the first play of the game that gained 37 yards. Atlanta had only one long run that followed which was a 15 yard gain which occurred on their 3rd drive in the 2nd qtr.

NE stymied their zone run game with a Bear front which occupied the C-G-C and prevented that interior trio from climbing to the 2nd level, which is a crucial for a ZBS. BB also flexed NT Brown about a yard of the ball, making C Mack lunge to him which was genius b/c Mack was playing on a broken fibula.

All in all, Atlanta was forced to abandon the run b/c the never really got off the ground to begin with and could make nothing from it.

Well be an interesting game for sure rooting for the Eagles but feel like Pats will get it done again. One thing I like about the Eagles is how they aggressive they play all game long. The Jags had two time outs and over a minute before the half and they knelled. The Eagles where up 17 and were in a similar situation went for it and got an extra 3 points.  

2 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

Well be an interesting game for sure rooting for the Eagles but feel like Pats will get it done again. One thing I like about the Eagles is how they aggressive they play all game long. The Jags had two time outs and over a minute before the half and they knelled. The Eagles where up 17 and were in a similar situation went for it and got an extra 3 points.  

Technically we were up 14pts with 29 seconds to go in the 1/2. But yes I'm sure that surprised the hell out if the Vikings as well. 

Never mind the Flee Flicker TD after the 1/2. Brilliant game plan staying aggressive and keeping the foot on the gas.

If the same scenario occurs Against the Pats, they'll need to execute properly again in order to win that game too.

On 1/22/2018 at 5:37 PM, Hunter2_1 said:

More. This is the matchup I wanted ,personally, for the nostalgia factor from 04.

Although, I do like the Vikings, but I wouldn't have wanted to face them as I'd expect a verrrry tough game.

Nostalgia from 04? How many Eagles/Pats are even on the team anymore?

7 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Because they weren’t having success and also part of ATLs run game is that their two headed attack well Coleman got injuered so it was left to Freeman to carry the load. What you have over Atlanta is that you have a better defence abd you can rotate you’re guys up front so they don’t get tired like ATLs does. 

13 minutes ago, showtime said:
12 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Okay.  The Falcons and Vikings aren't the Patriots, so I'm not sure what this even means.

Same people/things were said about the other two as well. Eagles have no shot! Not rocket science. One could also say the Eagles aren't the Jags or Titans either if that's the reasoning you want to take.

Archived