Saquan number 1 pick

cattleman78

1 minute ago, mistakey said:

hey remember when i said to everyone that we're gonna get baker mayfield?

i still think its gonna be saquon and baker at 1 and 4

I'm not going to totally disagree with this, but I think you have the order mixed up.  If the Browns are going QB, they will do it at 1 overall imo.  It could be Mayfield, although I am inclined to believe it is Darnold or Rosen.  I think it would be Saquon at 4, if he is still on the board.

17 minutes ago, mistakey said:

hey remember when i said to everyone that we're gonna get baker mayfield?

i still think its gonna be saquon and baker at 1 and 4

That would hurt my heart as well as my wallet when I throw the remote through my TV.  Not because of Barkley at #1 but because of Baker. Too short, too douchy, too much like johnny football. I'm sick of drafting QBs that I can just look at and tell they are going to bust. If we pick Barkley #1 our #4 has to be one of darnold, rosen, or allen. 

That is all

mastercheddaar

9 hours ago, bruceb said:

No, we don't.

Do you have information that says Luck is good to go for now and the longer term?

I don’t think they take a QB. They will roll with their QBs for at least next year with McDaniels. They will give Luck a chance and if he can’t go they will give Jacoby another chance with his former OC. 

Colts would be smart to pair Hooker up with Minkah. That could be a safety duo who can play perfectly off each other. Sucks cause that could be the browns safety duo. 

15 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

That would hurt my heart as well as my wallet when I throw the remote through my TV.  Not because of Barkley at #1 but because of Baker. Too short, too douchy, too much like johnny football. I'm sick of drafting QBs that I can just look at and tell they are going to bust. If we pick Barkley #1 our #4 has to be one of darnold, rosen, or allen. 

That is all

mastercheddaar

?

28 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Josh Allen has a bigger upside than Mayfield. I do not like short QBs or QBs that have off field issues. Call me bias. 

Also my gut reaction to Quinn, Weeden, Manziel, Kizer were extremely negative. 

that is all

Mastercheddaar

He has a biiger upside than any QB in this draft, But his floor is about as low as it gets. How many QB's with raw talent actually get even near their upside? Allen is going to be a very bad NFL QB. 

15 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

He has a biiger upside than any QB in this draft, But his floor is about as low as it gets. How many QB's with raw talent actually get even near their upside? Allen is going to be a very bad NFL QB. 

Plus, our idea of upside = athleticism/arm at the QB position just hasn't proven true. I mean, Rodgers has a cannon but he's 6'2 and skinnier than you'd like. Brady had a noodle arm at the beginning, and only ever got it up to slightly above average and yet he's the GOAT.

I've said it before, upside is where your strengths are maximized and you improve your weaknesses to the point where they don't kill you.

Like in leadership evaluations anywhere, it is VERY unlikely (in football like in all of life) that your weaknesses will ever become strengths. If you're a 1 of 10 on something coming out of college (like I was with organization/planning) it's practically impossible to ever become a 10. BUT you can put in hard work and become a 4 or 5, where it won't kill you anymore. And this is what we tend to see happen with the best QBs. Brady never got elite arm strength. Rodgers never got jacked. Ben never stopped taking stupid sacks. But they all improved on those traits to the point where it wouldn't kill them, or found ways to work around them.

Allen is a 1 right now on accuracy (as an NFL prospect, he'd be like a 3-4 as a college QB). That means his REALISTIC upside is limited because it's practically impossible that he gets up to 10 level accuracy. 

Anyway, that's my rant. I'm tired of people acting like you have to have a Cam Newton arm/body to have high upside when I'd rather have Brady/Rodgers accuracy/mental game.

3 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Plus, our idea of upside = athleticism/arm at the QB position just hasn't proven true. I mean, Rodgers has a cannon but he's 6'2 and skinnier than you'd like. Brady had a noodle arm at the beginning, and only ever got it up to slightly above average and yet he's the GOAT.

I've said it before, upside is where your strengths are maximized and you improve your weaknesses to the point where they don't kill you.

Like in leadership evaluations anywhere, it is VERY unlikely (in football like in all of life) that your weaknesses will ever become strengths. If you're a 1 of 10 on something coming out of college (like I was with organization/planning) it's practically impossible to ever become a 10. BUT you can put in hard work and become a 4 or 5, where it won't kill you anymore. And this is what we tend to see happen with the best QBs. Brady never got elite arm strength. Rodgers never got jacked. Ben never stopped taking stupid sacks. But they all improved on those traits to the point where it wouldn't kill them, or found ways to work around them.

Allen is a 1 right now on accuracy (as an NFL prospect, he'd be like a 3-4 as a college QB). That means his REALISTIC upside is limited because it's practically impossible that he gets up to 10 level accuracy. 

Anyway, that's my rant. I'm tired of people acting like you have to have a Cam Newton arm/body to have high upside when I'd rather have Brady/Rodgers accuracy/mental game.

Great post.

I mean, I just have literally NEVER seen a QB overcome major inaccuracy issues and be a great to elite QB. NEVER...at least, not once they go from college to the NFL. I've seen Matt Stafford go from Josh Allen as a Freshman/early sophomore to a poised and accurate junior, but I've never seen anyone do it from the college game to the NFL.

Josh Allen is a complete deal-breaker.

I like Barkley as much as the next man....at the same time, there are just a few postions I was trained by Pop's DaWg_Lb. to NEVER look at in the first round.....RB, Interior Lineman and ABSOLUTLY no Kicker/Punter (Unless he punts at a probowl level AND is CONSISTENTLY good from 70 kicking FG's in Greenbay in January like conditions...he said it would be cool to take that guy in the first round if he exists LOL)...and its not because there are not game changing talents there...its because you can get game changing talents at the same positions later in the draft....for instance IMO the 3 best all around backs in the NFL were taken in round 3, round 2 and round 2 (David Johnson, L. Bell and L. McCoy) as well as the top young backs this year (Hunt, Kamera and Foreman before he got hurt) were all taken in the 3rd round or later......

NO to a running back at 1 or 4 for me......

14 hours ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

Even if we don't get Cousins, to me it makes sense to take Barkley at #1 if we really want him. We know Indy isn't going to take a QB, so if we went Barkley, and the Giants at #2 go say Rosen, Indy is gonna take Chubb, and at #4 we will have our pick of who we want right there. Dorsey stated he thinks there are multiple QB's as of now worthy of consideration. Personally I feel like he really likes Mayfield. 

There's also a good chance that if we take Barkely #1 and QB goes #2, Indy's slot at #3 becomes a very hot commodity for teams like the Jets, Broncos, or Bills who may want to jump us for their QB, and we get stuck with who is left. If we have a coin flip ranking for our top 3 QBs, that's fine, but if we have a QB head and shoulders above the others, we need to secure him at #1 (as much as I'd love, love to have Barkley on our team)

Archived