Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

46 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

No.

Because of how Barr's deal is structured, we have something like 2.5 mil left. Unless I've missed a new signing.

So because of the draft we'll need to restructure or cut/ trade somebody to have money sign those guys? I like Griffen and Rudolph but wouldn't be upset if we did something with them to free up money.

I'm seeing $8 mil for this season. So that would free up about $3 mil in cap space to take the Vikings to around $5 mil in space right now.

So with that information, would be more freed up than that. Probably takes them to about 7 mil free.

15 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

We're really going to have to hit on our draft picks on the OL this year. There's no money to upgrade any other way. They had better draft at least 2 in the first 3 rounds.

Agreed. Take the best lineman in the first. Take your 3 tech in the second and another lineman in the 3rd.

According to various reports, it's somewhere in area of $4M saved on the cap for Griffen, which does put them in the neighborhood of about $7M of cap space.  I would expect other moves, like with Rudy and/or Thielen to increase that space.  Of course, they could also trade Waynes as well.  

33 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

We're really going to have to hit on our draft picks on the OL this year. There's no money to upgrade any other way. They had better draft at least 2 in the first 3 rounds.

Outside of Paradis, there was no upgrade that was feasible through free agency with the money that was thrown around at overly average, and below average players. anyway

Edited by RpMc
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Or trade Waynes for another high pick and gain cap space to sign a couple of veteran guards. Could always cut Rudolph too. There are tough decisions that could be made to help the OL but but there doesn't seem to be an urgency at the moment. Maybe a market for Waynes will heat up.