Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

It hasn't been the most exciting offseason but I'm happy with the moves made so far. We've kept Griffen and Barr for the forseeable future. Right now all of our key members are locked up to long term deals. We've also got some wiggle room after this season to make some moves and replace Waynes and Rudolph. Minus some draft picks to shore up the offensive line and add some depth we are right where most teams are trying to get to. 

20 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Saffold a placeholder? Good luck selling that to him and getting him to sign with you

Yes, anyone that age is a placeholder except maybe at kicker and QB. And if Rick would have tried selling the job to Saffold like that he is a marketing idiot. I am personally insulted that you suggest that is how I would have marketed the position.

The Rams paid Suh more than $11M to be a placeholder. Paying $11M for a couple year placeholder of that level is an easy decision. If Rick wouldn't consider it that gives us insight into why he has been unable to fix the problem.

50 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

It hasn't been the most exciting offseason but I'm happy with the moves made so far. We've kept Griffen and Barr for the forseeable future. Right now all of our key members are locked up to long term deals. We've also got some wiggle room after this season to make some moves and replace Waynes and Rudolph. Minus some draft picks to shore up the offensive line and add some depth we are right where most teams are trying to get to. 

The team that has won one playoff game in four years, and missed the playoffs twice! Something better change, drastically, this year.

1 hour ago, Cearbhall said:

Yes, anyone that age is a placeholder except maybe at kicker and QB. And if Rick would have tried selling the job to Saffold like that he is a marketing idiot. I am personally insulted that you suggest that is how I would have marketed the position.

The Rams paid Suh more than $11M to be a placeholder. Paying $11M for a couple year placeholder of that level is an easy decision. If Rick wouldn't consider it that gives us insight into why he has been unable to fix the problem.

Suh one year deal, Saffold multi-year contract. Small difference. 

Still also ignoring the fact that our own Darren Wolfson was sourced as saying Saffold chose a place he would want to live. Can’t blame him for choosing Nashville over Minneapolis, but Spielman still should have been able to pull it off. 

Edited by RpMc

1 minute ago, RpMc said:

Suh one year deal, Saffold multi-year contract. Small difference. 

Saffold has an out in his contract after year two. So it was feasible to get him if the Vikes could have made a decision on Rudolph or Waynes. I'd take two years of Saffold over two years of Rudolph.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Saffold has an out in his contract after year two. So it was feasible to get him if the Vikes could have made a decision on Rudolph or Waynes. I'd take two years of Saffold over two years of Rudolph.

You’re basing that off of the assumption that Minnesota had an equal opportunity to land Saffold. 

Saffold wanted to be in Nashville. It would have taken a lot more to get him to go anywhere else. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

You’re basing that off of the assumption that Minnesota had an equal opportunity to land Saffold. 

Saffold wanted to be in Nashville. It would have taken a lot more to get him to go anywhere else. 

I swear something like this just happened with another player that is Vikings related, but it can’t be true. Money talks and is all that matters. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dolmonite26 said:

Any idea's?

Stop punting on fourth and short. Realize it is a pass first league on offense. Invest draft capital on the OL. Like, your first and third at least. Stop throwing short of the mark on third down. Never throw to your least athletic player as he runs straight toward the sideline. Pretty much what I've typed here since I joined. Fire your scouts that can't identify OL talent maybe.

• Like 1