Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

On 9/1/2022 at 5:21 PM, SemperFeist said:

ISM is not the loss so many want to think it is. 

I saw some of the comments from some of the online notables like Seifert and such while I was up north and almost commented...I, for one, have never been that overly impressed with ISM.  He looked like he was going to be an ok player, but certainly not anything special.  To me, he's no loss whatsoever.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Right, because O'K is so predictable.

And the Vikings aren't running the McVay offense.  They are running the KOC offense, which likely is a combination of McVay/McDaniels/Shanahan. 

Shanahan's offense uses a FB, and the Patriots used them occasionally.   Ham was likely kept because of his ST leadership, but I imagine they'll find a way to use him offensively, because he is an asset blocking and also has the ability to catch the ball out of the backfield, as he's shown in the past.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I saw some of the comments from some of the online notables like Seifert and such while I was up north and almost commented...I, for one, have never been that overly impressed with ISM.  He looked like he was going to be an ok player, but certainly not anything special.  To me, he's no loss whatsoever.  

He looked like a capable depth piece at receiver, who struggled picking up the duties as a punt returner. And he was replaced by a capable depth piece at receiver, who is a solid, if not threatening, punt returner. 

I am surprised that the team has chosen to keep a 10th offensive lineman over a 6th wide receiver. I didn’t have that on my roster building bingo card. But, at the end of the day is nearly irrelevant as that player, whether it’s the 6th receiver or the 10th lineman, is going to be inactive on game day. Also, as KOC pointed out in his post cuts interview, with the expanded practice squad and the new rules around the practice squad, there is a new strategy in how to utilize the practice squad when building the roster.

The team was able to get Trishton Jackson on the PS, and I don’t think he was much different from ISM as far as ability as a receiver is concerned. 

Edited by SemperFeist

49 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

The team was able to get Trishton Jackson on the PS, and I don’t think he was much different from ISM as far as ability as a receiver is concerned. 

I agree with that.  While he made some mistakes, I was actually far more impressed as a receiver with Jackson than I was ISM.  

9 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Right, because O'K is so predictable.

I am not going to try and pretend that McVay copied many principles of Kyle Shanahan who went off what he dad did, and then LaFleur copied McVay, Zacy Taylor copied McVay, then Brandon Staley did the same and now O'Connell will be coping McVay as well.  Sure none are exact but come on now, do not pretend the 49ers and Packers are not very similar offenses much less Rams etc.  

4 hours ago, swede700 said:

Finally filling the full practice squad.  

Duke Shelley has slot corner ability and is very mobile and agile at the position with good ball skills, nice pickup with a decent amount of experience.  Honestly not sure his play is that much different than Sullivan's, if anything it might be a bit better, only negative is his size. 

Totally sucks about TY, especially after how awesome he was in the preseason, he could have been a starter arguably for the Vikings at that 3/4 DE spot.  Hope he gets back healthy and gets on a roster somewhere.  

• Like 1

I just watched highlights from the 2017 Vikings.  There were players like Diggs and Thielen that are great players having great careers.  But, so many of the players on that squad had career years.  Players like Jerrick McKinnon...boy was that dude fast!  Jairus Wright!  Latavious Murray!  Case "Shaggy" Keenum.  They got dismantled in the NFCC game (because of bad game planning, IMO), but what a fun, and exciting group.

Who are the players on the 2022 squad who you think are going to have a career year, but maybe not a great career?  I'm picking Dantzler, Kene Nwangwu, K.J. Osborn, and D.J. Wonnum.  I'm predicting that each of these players will make significant contributions throughout the season.

9 hours ago, Captain Relax said:

I just watched highlights from the 2017 Vikings.  There were players like Diggs and Thielen that are great players having great careers.  But, so many of the players on that squad had career years.  Players like Jerrick McKinnon...boy was that dude fast!  Jairus Wright!  Latavious Murray!  Case "Shaggy" Keenum.  They got dismantled in the NFCC game (because of bad game planning, IMO), but what a fun, and exciting group.

Who are the players on the 2022 squad who you think are going to have a career year, but maybe not a great career?  I'm picking Dantzler, Kene Nwangwu, K.J. Osborn, and D.J. Wonnum.  I'm predicting that each of these players will make significant contributions throughout the season.

Jalen Raegor so Philly can get a 4th instead of a 5th from us lol

11 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Just curious, but if Cam Bynum turns out to be a very good Safety for us, what do we do with Lewis Cine? Wait until Harry retires?

Get creative and find a way to keep your most talented players on the field. There was a lot of talk about 3 Safety looks this year. Additionally, Cam can play some CB in a pinch. 

• Like 1