Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

16 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Yeah it was a massive mistake taking Nick Muse over him as the TE on the practice squad, massive mistake!  Or could the Vikings only sign Davidson once he cleared being signed by all other teams practice squads?  I thought honestly it was they had to clear waivers and any team could sign him to the active roster and once that was done they could have put him on the PS right away...

Glad they were able to keep Hinton, Robinson and Twyman though.  But of course any team can sign a practice squad guy to the active roster, and Mond and Smith-Marsette are on the active rosters for each of those teams.  Still I am not sold on the Vikings TEs and I bet Irv Smith Jr gets hurt again, and is a pretty suspect blocker but so was Davidson but Davidson is arguably just as athletic and much taller just still very raw.  

As far as I know they can sign players to the practice squad as soon as they clear waivers but the players can choose to sign to a different teams practice squad. 

Muse did look solid the one game I thought but he did have at least one rough game

• Like 1

13 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

And Reagor isn't exactly "a get." Salaries and compensation considered, Reagor is going to have to show out to justify the move. 

That's really setting him up to fail. He's not going to "show out" as a #4 behind JJ and AT. All he really needs to do is solidify the PR spot, contribute on special teams, and be available as a back up WR. 

The compensation isn't a big deal, IMO. A 5th 2 years from now is nothing to get hung up about. If ISM pans out elsewhere, that cut over Nailor is the one to be criticized.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

Reagor increased his snap percentage by 20% this last year and was 10 points worse according to PFF.

He isn't it fam.

Let's see what happens when he isn't WR 1 or 2 and has a better QB throwing to him. He's not gonna be a world beater, but let's not act like there isn't ability there.

14 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Let's see what happens when he isn't WR 1 or 2 and has a better QB throwing to him. He's not gonna be a world beater, but let's not act like there isn't ability there.

Agreed, and the Vikings need a good punt return man he is that, and they need a deep threat because they honestly have none, he is that at least in terms of a threat with big time athletic ability and speed.  

33 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Agreed, and the Vikings need a good punt return man he is that, and they need a deep threat because they honestly have none, he is that at least in terms of a threat with big time athletic ability and speed.  

This is where I am at with this. If he hangs onto punts and can produce when needed I'm more than happy

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

He has to be at least good enough to be an upgrade over the guy we released after we trade for him.  We will see.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

People are worried about possibly losing a fifth round pick? The odds are so low that matters it is almost immeasurable. It's a roll of the dice on a guy everyone once thought was worth a first or second round pick. Even if it doesn't work, it's worth the shot. 

I think the odds of Reagar making the roster are much higher than a 5th round pick making the roster next year. 

• Like 2

For me, personally, I’m not upset about bringing Reagor in because it’s a cheap gamble at a PR and a WR who showed talent and got drafted in the 1st for a reason. The potential for boon is there. 

My dismay purely comes from the loss of ISM. I liked his development, thought he had potential to replace AT in the next few years or at least be a solid 3/4 for the next few years. More over, I called that the Bears would be an easy landing spot for him, and I could easily see him lining up as their #2 before the year is done. He might not be talented enough in the long run to be a #2 in the NFL, but if he ascends to that on a roster simply because of that roster’s lack of depth, it will feel like a gut punch and an overall poor move.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PrplChilPill said:

People are worried about possibly losing a fifth round pick? The odds are so low that matters it is almost immeasurable. It's a roll of the dice on a guy everyone once thought was worth a first or second round pick. Even if it doesn't work, it's worth the shot. 

Exactly... I can't believe some people are actually this upset over the trade. I really liked ISM, too (Go Hawks), but lets be real... He was our #4 receiver. He is a depth piece and nothing more for this team.

Edited by AP_allday2869
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Heimdallr said:

I think the odds of Reagar making the roster are much higher than a 5th round pick making the roster next year. 

That pick is also a 2024 pick, so we'd have to be worried about a random kid that likely isn't even draft eligible yet.

• Like 1