Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

If he gives them good special teams play at a position that was previously questionable at best, and ends up costing them a 4th 2 years from now because he hits the escalators or only a 5th because he didn't, I think it's a good deal. He's gotta be a real positive returning punts and elsewhere on special teams, though.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AP_allday2869 said:

He is fast, elusive, and was a 1st round pick 2 years ago. There is potential there especially with Keenan McCardell as our WR coach and him not needing to perform to his draft status. I'm sorry you would rather have another Danny Isadora or David Yankey on this team instead. Hell, most of last years draft class was cut yesterday. Draft picks are extremely overrated sometimes. The hit % on 5th round picks is so low... This move isn't bad imo.

I think recency bias has swing too far to the other side to say that mid round picks are worthless. Are they high value? No. You can find cheap young talent if well scouted.

What you are saying is you don't trust the GM to scout or evaluate talent. Maybe you aren't incorrect.

But because JaMarcus Russel or Josh Rosen were 1st round picks, doesn't make them salvageable. Every now, and then, you get a Tannahill, but thats rare.

WRs have an even higher bust rate in the 1st round. The probability of going from Diggs to JJ was astronomically high.

Spielmens analogy of lotto tickets was correct. Problem was, they were low probability lotto picks in the 6th and 7th. Where he did most of his looking.

3,4, and 5th round picks have some weight.

Reagor increased his snap percentage by 20% this last year and was 10 points worse according to PFF.

He isn't it fam.

• Like 1

I would have signed Essang Bassey to the practice squad from Denver all day over Tay Gowan but at least they brought in a corner with some experience, still Bassey is the better player and can play slot.  

Crazy thing is Anthony Harris is on the practice squad for the Eagles, odd a veteran with that much experience is on the practice squad.  

Wyatt Davis practice squad for the Giants
Smith-Marsette with the Bears
Kellen Mond with the Browns
Chazz Surratt practice squad for the Jets
Zach Davidson practice squad for the Bills

So at least some of these guys are getting picked up which is good, still nuts the Vikings did not get Davidson on the practice squad, that was a big mistake.  

Edited by Ozzy

3 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Eagles fans wanted him cut before he held up his jersey. He’s not Justin Jefferson and they never let him forget it. Needless to say, they aren’t exactly a barometer of objectivity. 

He literally fought with people on twitter lol.

8 hours ago, Ozzy said:

So at least some of these guys are getting picked up which is good, still nuts the Vikings did not get Davidson on the practice squad, that was a big mistake.  

I was really hoping they'd keep him around.  He still has a long way to go but you can't teach that size and speed and it looked like he improved a lot from last year

11 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

I think recency bias has swing too far to the other side to say that mid round picks are worthless. Are they high value? No. You can find cheap young talent if well scouted.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

What you are saying is you don't trust the GM to scout or evaluate talent. Maybe you aren't incorrect.

Definitely not. KAM's draft class looks extremely promising so far.

58 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I was really hoping they'd keep him around.  He still has a long way to go but you can't teach that size and speed and it looked like he improved a lot from last year

Yeah it was a massive mistake taking Nick Muse over him as the TE on the practice squad, massive mistake!  Or could the Vikings only sign Davidson once he cleared being signed by all other teams practice squads?  I thought honestly it was they had to clear waivers and any team could sign him to the active roster and once that was done they could have put him on the PS right away...

Glad they were able to keep Hinton, Robinson and Twyman though.  But of course any team can sign a practice squad guy to the active roster, and Mond and Smith-Marsette are on the active rosters for each of those teams.  Still I am not sold on the Vikings TEs and I bet Irv Smith Jr gets hurt again, and is a pretty suspect blocker but so was Davidson but Davidson is arguably just as athletic and much taller just still very raw.