Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

12 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

but that has to be weighed against the reality that the entire coaching staff may be sacked in a year with anything short of a deep playoff run.

Bingo. 

Just like how multiple, higher profile DC candidates turned down the Browns and the went with Schwartz. 

• Like 1

Vikings cornerback Patrick Peterson is set to become a free agent in March, but his hope is that he’ll remain in Minnesota.

Peterson: “I would love to be there in that purple and gold again and give it a run again just because I love the community there. I love the organization. I love the new regime that [the Wilf ownership group has] brought into that building, the trainers, the strength and conditioning staff. It’s just amazing. I truly believe it felt like home for me. I felt like it was a place that I belonged. But we all know it’s a business.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/20/patrick-peterson-hopes-to-remain-with-vikings-in-2023/

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I’d like to see him back as well

Agreed. Duke Shelley too. Between those two, and hopefully Andrew Booth getting a shot in year two, we can manage at the position for another year. Would love to add a high caliber CB prospect but I’m more concerned about the front seven.