Alex Smith to be traded to Washington for 3rd round pick and CB Kendall Fuller; agrees to extension

Apparition

3 hours ago, -Hope- said:

can someone explain to me why washington was so loath to extend cousins? i've never understood it. maybe he's not a top 5 or even top 10 QB but he is absolutely a guy you can win with.

He wants more than 23 mil, the contract we gave smith is what we wanted to give Kirk.

kirk will command more and I would not be surprised if the brown give a ridiculous contract 

Having argued with several people in Cousin's other thread, I'm loving that WAS isn't keeping him as so many said was a forgone conclusion. Kept hearing they'd tag him again, get a long term deal,. etc. Nope. lol

DEN and JAX have a chance to battle for him now. He is going to get paid and get to go to a hell of a team.

1 hour ago, daineraider said:

Maybe it’s just me, but I think Smith will do well with Thompson, Reed, and Crowder.  Maybe not $25mil per year well, but should be decent.

He had his best year of his career with hill hunt and Kelece. Now no run game at all. Reed only plays 4 or 5 games a year. And Crowder. If you say so bruh. 

16 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Having argued with several people in Cousin's other thread, I'm loving that WAS isn't keeping him as so many said was a forgone conclusion. Kept hearing they'd tag him again, get a long term deal,. etc. Nope. lol

DEN and JAX have a chance to battle for him now. He is going to get paid and get to go to a hell of a team.

Jags would be a great fit.  Denver? meh that Oline is a mess.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Swift21 said:

Jags would be a great fit.  Denver? meh that Oline is a mess.

Jags would be the top choice IMO,  but DEN could easily upgrade the OL. Say they take take Nelson (1st) and Kolton Miller (2nd) and get a FA, you just revamped 3 spots out of the 5 starters.

Plus they are drafting early enough there might be someone who really wants an available QB, so they might be in a prime position to trade back to get more picks. Or even going after Barkley and then hitting the OL the next two picks, etc.

Regardless you're right, the OL needs attention but that shouldn't be too hard to at least make a marked improvement.