Alex Smith to be traded to Washington for 3rd round pick and CB Kendall Fuller; agrees to extension

Apparition

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

What if the Redskins still try to franchise tag Kirk Cousins just to trade him?  I know that's against NFL rules, but it's one of those things you can't prove one way or another, so I wonder if they're going to try to do that.  Do they even have the cap space to do it? 

This is why compensatory picks should go up to at LEAST the second round. 

It would be obvious and i doubt they have the cap after signing smith to thag ridiculous contract. 

6 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

The GM not telling a player they were traded prior to the deal leaking is the epitome of unprofessionalism. That front office is a joke.

Wow, seriously, outside of money, why would any player or coach want to work for this team? They will throw you under the bus and stop and take a video while you bleed to death down there. At least the browns are honestly incompetent fools who don't really care about winning, the Redskins FO is the worst in the league for sure.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Does this make the Redskins the stupidest organization in football? Serious question.

Obviously, you've not seen cousins play in a game(s) that really mattered. Not worth the monies. Terribly overvalued and under performs when playing in games that actually mattered.

KC stats-

26-30-1  and 0 playoff wins. Historical performance does not correlate with Player/Agent salary demands.  Good by, let someone else overpay KC.

Edited by aREDSKIN

8 minutes ago, aREDSKIN said:

Obviously, you've not seen cousins play in a game(s) that really mattered. Not worth the monies. Terribly overvalued and under performs when playing in games that actually mattered.

KC stats-

26-30-1  and 0 playoff wins. Historical performance does not correlate with Player/Agent salary demands.  Good by, let someone else overpay KC.

Are you talking about Alex Smith?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, aREDSKIN said:

KC stats-

And you think Alex Smith is an upgrade in this regard? 1

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jontat83 said:

A 100% guaranteed contract?

After Ryan Shazier the players union needs to get this done. In a single play a player can lose the means of his livelihood or even their life. The way the contracts are written now is ridiculous and merely headline grabbing. Right then out to be almost 100% guaranteed with maybe a few bonus categories for milestones and then some clauses for behavior.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Boltstrikes said:

After Ryan Shazier the players union needs to get this done. In a single play a player can lose the means of his livelihood or even their life. The way the contracts are written now is ridiculous and merely headline grabbing. Right then out to be almost 100% guaranteed with maybe a few bonus categories for milestones and then some clauses for behavior.

I don't mind fully guaranteed contracts, but if this becomes the norm the way the salary cap works may need to be changed.

As a Skins fan, I could care less about Alex Smith. If you trade for him thats fine. 

Is he worth the contract he just signed? - No

Was he worth throwing in Kendall Fuller? - No

Was he better than running with Colt McCoy? - Yes

Is Alex Smith worth a 3.13 pick? - No. 

Are the Redskins the dumbest franchise in NFL history? - Yes

Did Bruce Allen just solidify himself as the dumbest NFL minded person on the planet? - Yes

I am embarrassed to be a Redskins fan right now. Absolutely embarrassed. 

• Like 6